Thursday, August 13, 2009

Coming Soon: Témoignage by Saël

Not anything that I ended up writing for anyway and not a whole heap of other WAYYYYYYY more popular albums on the way and not anything else could get me to write another review. BUT lo and behold! Guess whose back!

Saël!

The first French artist who really caught my attention and had me scrambling to learn what turned out to be two different languages between French and Crêole is back with his third studio album to date Témoignage [Testimonial]. Saël is definitely a big time artist from out of Martinique and when I saw that the first video for the first single, Peyi Ya, it definitely got my attentions and its a big tune and a very nice video. I don’t have a tracklist and I had to scramble a little to find a nice cover but there it is. Of course the album comes from the same Don's Music imprint that pushed his first two albums and it has been such a ridiculously long four years since Saël's sophomore piece, Ma Vision.

And the press so far is calling it his opus (duh, they probably said the same thing about his first two) and I hope it is because time is long overdue for Saël to buss big time and with his style of singing/chanting, he can often
be overlooked by some of his more 'colourful' peers definitely.


So keep an eye out for the album, Témoignage, from Saël. Of course, keep watching Antilles-Mizik.com and I'll be
doing the same. YEAH!

Rated Potential: 5/5 stars
Don's Music
2009

No comments:

Post a Comment