Monday, March 28, 2022

Thank You Blaxx!

Today we lift up Mr. Dexter 'Blaxx' Stewart -- simply one of the greatest and most dependable soldiers Soca music has ever known -- as he makes his transition. If you love Soca, you have not only ran into Blaxx' music at some point, but chances are fairly high that you have LOVED something that he has done. My personal favourite is and has always been one of the greatest Soca songs I have ever heard as wayyyy back in 2008, Blaxx turned in wizardry of the highest order with the TRULY RIDICULOUS 'Breathless':


Other favourites of mine include songs like 'Tanti Woi', 'Colours', 'Baddest Crew', of course 'Tusty':


And I can keep going with 'No Getaway' and 'Dutty', 'HUNTIN' [WHAT!] ["I SEE SOMETHING IN HERE THAT I WAAAANT!]:


And even just earlier this year there was the very cool 'Mash Up':


There was another one I really loved from not too long ago and I'm going to sit here until I find it. THERE IT IS! 'We Own It' from 2018:


So! The next time you find yourself in need of a moment of.... absolute chaos, maybe try a song from Blaxx as he left us with so many to choose from. Thank you Blaxx and congratulations on a life well lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment