Thursday, March 2, 2023

More on Queen Omega's "Freedom Legacy"!

"Freedom Legacy" by Queen Omega [Baco Music - 2023]
Okay so, because I looked up at the calendar and noticed that we were just about three weeks away from what just has to be my most anticipated album release of 2023 thus far (and I'm struggling to even think of anyone who could, even theoretically, top it at any point during the year) (... seriously, I can't think of anyone right now... not even a "maybe"), I determined that, somewhere out there, must exist a tracklist, which we hadn't seen before and, for once, I was correct (if you say enough stuff, eventually something will come true). Queen Omega's forthcoming album #6 and her first in a DECADE AND A HALF, "Freedom Legacy" comes to us via Baco Music, with production by Lions Flow from out of France, and I cannot fucking wait to hear it! As I have said in the past, the Queen is, easily, one of my favourite artists not only currently, but ever (she may just be top five for me) and I have been waiting so long on her new album and, finally, we actually can see what is on it and maybe take a quick look at what we know and what we don't. 
I'm loving the mixture of known tracks with songs that I have never heard of before. I've always thought that a very good way to build an album as it not only draws in more seasoned fans by giving them songs that they're familiar with (and potentially love), along with promising brand new music - which is always in a good thing. In Reggae we've seen a lot of that and we've also seen situations where albums can be just straight compilations of any given time and they're stacked with well worn material (which can also be decent, at times, but new music is always a good thing as it at least shows that some level of respect was given to the project). So when I scan the ranks, on one hand I come across familiar tracks such as 'See You Down', 'Fittest' and the recent 'Lioness'; and on the other there's 'Oneness' with Julian Marley & Yaniss Odua (curious as hell what's going on there!), 'Win' alongside the delightfully gifted Soom T and also both 'Goodness' and 'Extraordinary'.... I mean... what could they possibly be about?! What is 'Ask'??? What is that (I'm predicting 'Goodness' is a love song, 'Extraordinary' might be a praising track)? 'Win' what???? 'Dynamite' you say? 

I have so many questions about Queen Omega's "Freedom Legacy" and all of mine and any you might have will all be answered on the 24th of March, 2023, when it arrives. Time to get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment