Thursday, September 24, 2026

NEW FROM PRINCE THEO!

 Okay so, I was meaning to mention one of these songs by itself and it took me so long to get around to it that another one has popped up. Biggup longtime favourite of ours, Prince Theo, who apparently has been hard at work (building up to something, Theo???) with a pair of big new singles that I thought you might be interested in hearing about, 'Punches' & 'Little Tip Of Love' (I know the title is awful but give me a minute). 

The newly released 'Punches' comes courtesy of the same Reggae Vibes Productions with whom Theo has done quite a bit of work throughout the years (and were he to release a new album, I would at least expect them to be somewhat involved - if not completely responsible) (distributed through VPAL) and is a fairly straightforward tune about dealing with the struggles or "punches" that life throws at you on a daily basis. The riddim is very nice and upful and jovial and it's really just a nice vibes. 


"I said life throws many punches 

But I never give up easily

So I's telling you to believe in me!"

As for 'Little Tip Of Love', it is INHERENTLY of grand interest because it actually features Theo alongside none other than I Lue, who you're most likely to remember from the work he did alongside the similarly vibed Bushman (like 'Sen Dem Come'). I saw this track initially and, even on paper, I was so damn interested as both are large talents who you don't come across very often and here you have them together! The tune is produced by Greatest Friends Records (with Evidence Music) (and if Prince Theo were to do an album and RVP wasn't behind it, the next likeliest suspect would definitely be Greatest Friends) and is a cut of their flaming Ramp Up Riddim (which I just told you about in backing the Queen's latest, 'Spiritual War'. The tune has some Dancehall to it and also some FIRE as the pair deliver a piece well befitting such a large collection of abilities.


I'm always hoping for more work from Prince Theo and he's rewarding fans in 2026 and we're definitely looking forward to what else he has to show... just thought you'd like to know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment