Sunday, October 3, 2010

Beautiful Tunes #30

We gine down di road, we gine down (biggup Alison Hinds)! Yep! Another week, #30, another round of beautiful tunes. Yow, it's October already. Did you even notice? Less than three months and it's 2011 already. Anyway! This week we have the return of a Sunday veteran, wrapping up an old friend and a second timer yeah. Let's do it.



First up is one Mr. Sheldon Senior, who apparently is a singer from out of Manchester [JA]. I'd never actually heard of him, but upon further research I did recognize a tune of his from a little while back that I'd never actually attributed to him. Anyway, he's fairly popular in Europe and our good friend Susan from Zojak, who returned from a few weeks back from going on tour with her BIG artist, Anthony B, and obviously stumbled upon the music of Senior and this week she suggests, amongst other things, a lovely acappella piece, 'Some May Say', which is OUTSTANDING. Big drop from Susan and she also suggested a next nice young artist, who I'll tell you about next week yeah.



Next is the final piece from my friend Youstice (at least for awhile, I'm sure he's baking up something). This week he's giving us one of the breakout tunes from big vocalist Hyah Slyce, 'All & All' from Jigzagula and the Coppershot Crew. Sweet sweet lover's tune which definitely received its fair time to shine when it dropped a few years back and it's still a very lovely song to my ears. So biggup Hyah Slyce (still looking for that official album debut) and excellent choice Youstice.



And lastly this week we have the return of Jonathan from two or three weeks ago, from out of Denmark by way of the UK who told us about Karen Mukupa and the big Alis Riddim. This week he has a potentially even hotter suggestion as he draws what is apparently a brand new tune, 'Babylon Doom' from Jah Turban. Turban is a big big artist and he has been for awhile, from out of Spanish Town and he's made his way to and made his name in Denmark so . . . Biggup Reggae SPREADING and doing it THICK. This song is excellent and according to what I just read (and not from Jonathan) (SHAME!) it's a part of an EP - Yeah. I'm about to see if I can't find that somewhere. So well biggup Jah Turban and don't at all be surprised if you're seeing him again around these parts at the end of the month.

As for me, I'm pretty predictable this week, but not quite. It was definitely going to be a Soca week and my tune comes from a source which isn't too unexpected these days, because the man simply does everything. It's Busy Signal, getting a jump on Lucian Carnival 2011 (why anyway would want to do such a thing is a mystery me, but what do I know?) with 'Get Outta My Way'. This tune is absolute FIRE and I don't care what you say. So biggup Achis on an excellent suggestion!


"Stuff" post tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. Blessed love!

    The I could buy JAH TURBAN's EP @ www.skyjuice.DK

    Haile I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafari !!!

    ReplyDelete