Monday, October 4, 2010

Stuff: No Behaviour. None!

Yow!
I bet you didn't know that it was October already did you? Did you really??? Of course you did. Anyway, September was a pretty good month - Had something TRULY RIDICULOUS occur on a personal level (which is none of your damn business, but biggup my doctor), but that's looking better as things go along. Also have to say biggup Bredz, my Wife's brother, for putting things together nicely so we don't miss a damn thing. Big him everytime. As far as October though, I think we're going to have a bit of fun this month, so expect the ridiculous, more on that in a second.

We have to clean up on September first - Did you realize that within the span of thirty days or so we've had brand new studio albums from Spragga Benz, Buju Banton and Lady Saw and not a single one was a VP Records release??? That's just unusual. Not that the label has been dormant, however, because in the midst of all of that they dropped a new album from Duane Stephenson, "Black Gold", which was probably better than them all. Still, the best album of the month was definitely Stevy Mahy's "The Beautiful of A Kreyol Folk Trip", which is one of the best album's I've heard in 2010, regardless of genre. Also mixed in were two pieces from Bobby Tenna and Ossie Dellimore, two of my more underrated favourites and the fact that I could get to both of them in the same month - Was personally amazing to me and check out them both. And also we finally got around to Methi'S, another favourite of mine. We also had two lists, one of which, 'The Progress Report', was an update of my "new artists" feature which was something I've been meaning to do for awhile and then we went oldschool, Amazon style, with 'First Impressions', which was just a good idea in my opinion - Hope you liked it yeah. Had some other fun stuff as well and that was September - It's a wrap.

As far as October? Probably the biggest musical occurence is the fact that apparently Etana's new album, "Free Expression", which was expected next week [October 12], has been delayed for about a month until the second week of November, which is probably going to take the biggest release of the month out of the way, but we still have interesting stuff to look at in the way of reviews.
  • Coming up Tomorrow (hopefully) we'll have the first review of October which is for "Come Into My Life" from Adele Harley. After she, we're probably looking at releases from Dominican chanter, Zion, The Major & Minor Riddims album, The Vitamin & Highlight Riddims album and maybe another compilation or two. Of course, when it's thin like this I usually draw on an oldie, so maybe expect a vault review in the middle of the month. Also, I already have my mind made up as to what the next 'Modern Classic' will be and it's definitely one of a kind!
  • I have a very strange idea for a 'Completely Random Thoughts' feature and it may or may not require a bit of time, but I think I may go with it fairly soon because whatever the hell I'm planning on doing tomorrow later this week is most certainly going to be easy. Like I said this week, I'm trying to do pretty dumb stuff, so if you also have some pretty dumb ideas, let me know at AchisReggae@hotmail.com
  • In the semi-intelligent realm, I FINALLY am almost ready to go with an article idea I had a few months back, so you may be able to expect that pretty soon. It's on Dancehall . . . or the lack thereof. I had another similar one on Reggae music, but the focal point of such idea has apparently gone temporarily insane (biggup Dale Cooper).
  • Of course you know we do 'Beautiful Tunes' every Sunday, but I think I'm going to change things up one time, hopefully in this month, but I won't do it until I have enough suggestions. What I want you to do is send me some NOT-SO-BEAUTIFUL TUNES. If you have a song which you fucking hate - That's what I'm looking for, for one Sunday yeah.
  • And aside from that, expect your usually long winded stuff. I am looking at maybe doing a movie review and it may just be my Vault Review (hell, it may even be this week). I'm also mining Nico's idea and I'm going to do some BOOK discussion maybe this month or in November. Whenever we get to it. Definitely doing an artist of the month for October as well.
  • OH! And most importantly, should I go missing for any kind of time this month . . . Yeah. I'm having a good time.
Of course biggup all of my friends. Biggup Dale Cooper, helped with A LOT of information this month and I did avoid the mess for the most part. Biggup Nico, biggup JC who finally found his way back to a monitor apparently. All the nice people at Zojak, gave us a big drop a couple of weeks back. Biggup Camille from United Reggae - Gave me what is my current favourite song and my Wife's current LEAST favourite song. Biggup the guy from 101Vibez, he apparently has now a Hip-Hop site and you know I'm not a very big fan of Hip-Hop, but I do like pretty girls so check out his new venture, Hip-Hop Honeys. Uhhhh, biggup the guy from the Reggae Unite Blog. Biggup Jessica Dore at Bay Area Reggae Project everytime. Biggup Zalemmmmm at Bass Culture. Biggup Curtis Lynch at Necessary Mayhem who I linked last week, very nice person. I think that's it and unfortunately Adele Harley absolutely refuses to write her own review so I gotta go. Oh and biggup My Father! Birthday this month yeah.

Tune!


Pictured, one of the most

Beautiful flags of the world

Netherlands Antilles.

Free Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment