Monday, March 20, 2023

Chezidek & Irie Ites Never Stop!

"Never Stop" by Chezidek [Irie Ites]

1. 'Dem No Worry'
2. 'Try'
3. 'Who Fool You'
4. 'Jah Jah Bless'
5. 'Burn Di Ganja' [Edit]
6. 'Good Girl'
7. 'Who I Am' [Edit]
8. 'It's Time'
9. 'The Game'
10. 'Mr. Officer' [Radio Edit]
11. 'Ukraine'
12. 'Bad Out Deh' [Edit]
13. 'Kill Dem'
14. 'Kill Dem Dub'
15. 'Who Fool Dub'
16. 'Try Dub'
17. 'Dem No Dub'
18. 'Bun Di Ganja' [Original Mix]

....I mean..... this is just getting ridiculous! Following the madness that is set to unfold this coming Friday, you are going to have exactly THREE WEEKS to recover before yet another potential GEM of an album is set to release as the infinitely impressive Chezidek (seriously, if I named my top 10 favourite artists of all time, Chezidek's name just may be in there somewhere) is set to make his return and do so with one of THE most reliable units in the business, Irie Ites, on a big new album, "Never Stop". Previously, Chezi and II dropped the album's initial single, 'Dem No Worry', which has now been followed up with its second, the excellent 'It's Time'. 

Singer and label have a very long history of working together - a fact which is well reflected in the tracklist for "Never Stop". Along with newer sets, I was very pleased to see some of their older collaborations present as well as such as personal favourite, 'Who I Am' ["Accept me for who I ammmmm!"] [Note: One of the tracklists I found, which I chose for this post, includes the word EDIT after the song titles, I'm going to assume that means remastered versions of the song]. It's almost hard to believe that, despite having worked together so long (probably nearing two decades at this point) and having been so active individually, Chezidek & Irie Ites have never made a full album together.

That all changes on April 14th, when we get what is sure to be one of the year's finest releases, "Never Stop", arrives. CLEARLY someone, somewhere is being kind to us.



And in other Chezidek news, he also has a video for 'Herb Dealer', his cut of the Ganjaville Riddim, where it reigned as THE finest selection. BOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment