Friday, July 3, 2009

Biggups & News!

Yow!

Just wanted to give thanks for all the feedback I've been getting as of late. Last week was really crazy with all the reviews (and I might start trying to do that once a month, with just a week of nothing but reviews), so many people dropped a line and said thanks and such but I definitely thank you for reading and for going out there, or sitting there, and buying things up.

I've gotten a lot of response from the Soca heads educating me and thanking me same way and yes definitely I'll continue to write for Soca music. My knowledge with it is nowhere near what it is for Reggae at this point but I think I'm okay with it and yes you'll see some more of those definitely and everyone pick up that Shelly G album Work It in about a month.

Couple of people asking for more Zouk and I've definitely been slacking in that department because I actually have a couple of albums I've been meaning to review, so hopefully I can work those in, in a couple of weeks or so. And the Afrikan Reggae also, yes I have the new Takana Zion, not quite so sure what I make of it yet, however.

I think that's about it from the response directly. Oh, Alborosie! I don't know if I'm going there, I'm not an Albo fan and I don't feel like lamenting about why in a review for that album but I might feel inclined to do it anyway.

Okay and big respect goes to;

  • KEMAR McGREGOR! The man emailed me last night and he even has my review of the Rock Steady riddim on his myspace (See review Here) (and see review of his Sweet riddim album Here) which is seriously big there for me! That's probably the coolest thing I've done with this so far. So big up Mr. McGregor, hope to write for you again soon sir, I'm sure I will.
  • VP RECORDS! Finally have gotten your attention, no matter how small or big it may be. That's the industry leader right there people, you grab some VP love and you've done something serious, so that's big for me also and everybody run over to their site and pick up that Queen Ifrica album, that Mavado and pre-order that Tarrus Riley definitely.
  • My good friend Trish! She just had a baby and I'm coming to see her Mama! lol

Okay! I'm going on the road in the morning. Any and everyone who just reads the blog here and there biggup yourself you won't notice any changes. I'm headed to the States for the first time in how long. Going to see mi Madre y mi Padre y mi in-laws lol (biggup to them, both of their earthdays are next week and we'll be there for that). Up in Michigan. But I'll still be writing of course, you won't notice a change at all. So, yo if you ever wanted to physically send me something! LINK ME! Hurry up. I may not have wanted to give you my address (because I thought you were creepy as hell) but I'll give you my parents' address (because my Father is bad like Chuck Norris!).

And after that I'm on the ROAD! We will be in Lucia for Carnival, I will see Ricky T defend his crown. I WILL NOT be at Vincy Monarch tomorrow because there is no point. Like last year, it will be lame and Skinny Fabulous will win (unless he is stupid and chooses to go last like Fireman last year, then he will lose to either Fireman (even though his tune is pretty bad) or Problem Child. And biggup Maddzart for taking Ragga Soca Monarch (even though Dani-O didn't compete). And as far as I know, Zoelah isn't even competing this year either. So, Skinny SHOULD win but if not, then expect Fireman to come back or Problem Child.

I think that's it. Everyone who leaves those things promoting their shows on my comments on here, I don't care at all, post and promote away! And everyone who just reads and chills, definitely love you also. And check My Favourite Places Online, I'm adding a link or two. Yeah!

Blessings,

BALANCE
RasAchis


2 comments:

  1. Big up yaself Achis! The new Takana Zion is SOLID. Not quite as good as Zion Prophet but still very enjoyable. ANAWAFE ANAWAFE!

    Tiken Jah Fakoly has TWO unreleased Takana Zion albums in his vaults...VP should buy em up and RELEASE THEM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Longtime Substance yeah.

    Hope everything is bless on your end.

    And yow, who knows, someday VP has to go after a French speaking artist (probably would be someone like Admiral T though).

    BALANCE
    RasAchis

    ReplyDelete