Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Free Stuff!

Just three free things I've noticed while hopping around online.

VP is always releasing samplers and I guess they've finally decided to make it available to pretty much everyone. The 8 track release is apparently exclusive to Amazon and only the US version and I did check the UK, German, French and Canadian versions of the site and was unable to see it available, although, that, of course, doesn't mean that it NEVER will be. I didn't try this one myself but I was on the phone while my cousin in law did and it worked for her, so there you go.


I don't know if this is a glitch or something but if you go on CDBABY, you can download Biggaton's album, Eyes Of Di Wise album, in full and completely free. The album was OKAY, if I remember correctly, the tune More Than A Blessing was my favourite and there's also a nice selection alongside Mutabaruka named What A Ting. Biggaton has kind of a Capleton vibe to him but he also isn't opposed to going DYCR style, straight poetry, at all. It was nothing special, but hell its free! I checked Biggaton's Myspace and his label's Myspace and neither mentions anything about it and the label's page even has a direct link to the CDBaby page.
**see comments**

And lastly, and most importantly. I've been waiting on this about a month and a half. Having recently gotten out of jail, apparently, Swiss based Gwada WICKED chanter Cali P has dropped two mixtapes and you can download them both (megaupload style) on his Myspace page. Of course I would have loved a next album but something like this might even build that anticipation for the next studio piece even more. Of course, they both contain usual mixtape craziness but, hell its Cali P!

2 comments:

  1. I think the Biggaton thing is a false alarm - if you try to download it, it takes you through the steps but at the end there's nothing to download. It might be priced that way because it's actually completely unavailable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give thanks for the info Dale Cooper. My wife's cousin also had problems with it.

    ReplyDelete