Sunday, August 9, 2009

Stuff Vol. 2

Yow!
Biggup whosever Myspace I got that picture from, its lovely!

This past week was pretty nice even though I didn't get to do much of what I wanted to get accomplished! Still getting a whole heap a response from the Lutan Fyah album good and bad. Have people saying its EASILY the best work of his career. Of course, I disagree but I'm just happy people are so passionate about it and it definitely was a good piece and everytime I spin it, it gets better to my ears, so who knows yeah! Didn't get to a few things I wanted to do and didn't get to go to Grenada for Monarch but I saw Killa mash up Monarch now and definitely take the win and I believe the videos are on youtube now so check them out definitely. Matter of fact:


There you go.

Got some nice things going on this week also, same ole, same ole, heavy artillery yeah.

  • I have two new albums to review, one is the Itals latest piece, Let Dem Talk. Biggup Zojak and the other is something else (its actually 3 but I'm only doing one and I haven't made up my mind yet).
  • I was planning on writing a review for Prezident Brown's latest album but I'm just not into enough, for better or for worse really. The album is OKAY but I'm not getting enough vibes from it and that's what I need to write a review. Its a bit too 'jazzy' for me I guess and I really think (AND I KNOW) that the Prez could have come a little harder lyrically, its a few too many cliches and everything but its not BAD, definitely not.
  • Trying to figure out which album is next in the Modern Classics series, that might actually be tomorrow, I get so much from that. Biggup all the crazies who keep me on point with that there.
  • Check my favourite places>>>> Just added Jah Concurz' Blog. Wicked writer, going old school from wayyyyyyyyy back a Amazon days yeah. And speaking of writers, biggup Rooted, wherever you are, still reading, still writing, doing what you're doing, hope you get back to blogging though straight.
Other than that, its everything as usual. Think I already know which song I'm using for lyrics this week, if I can get a nice copy of it. My birthday is on Friday I think, moving a step closer to 30 nasty years! So if I vanish for a little while feel free to raid the archives, that's what they're there for. And speaking of archives, gotta Vault review, of course, don't know what the hell it is and don't know when the hell I'll write it but, of course, there'll be one around there. Oh and everybody go and grab up that Gramps Morgan, its now on my best albums of the year list which right now stands as:

1. Nereus Joseph - Real Rebels Can't Die
2. Tarrus Riley - Contagious
3. Queen Ifrica - Montego Bay
4. Mad Cobra - Helta Skelta
5. Sizzla- Ghetto Youthology
6. Daweh Congo - Ghetto Skyline
7. Lutan Fyah - Justice
8. Gramps Morgan - 2 Sides Of My Heart
9. Buju Banton - Rasta Got Soul
10. Blenda - Operationel
11. Jah Cure - Universal Cure
12. Anthony B - Rise Up
13. Teflon - Motherless Child
14. Sojah - Modern Revolutionary
15. Tiwony & Bredrens - Viv La Vi

Or something like that.

give thanks for stopping by everytime. Oh and you know you love this tune, just go ahead and admit it



blessings,

BALANCE
RasAchis


No comments:

Post a Comment