Sunday, August 23, 2009

Stuff Vol. 3

Yow! Crazy crazy week and next week should be crazier because its seven reviews in seven days. I've been kind of behind in terms of stuff that I wanted to review and haven't gotten around to it, some of this stuff has been waiting around for like a month. Hopefully knock off some of that stuff. Getting a lot of reviews from artists themselves and labels sameway and that's cool, so hopefully that continues. And big respect to everybody wishing a happy birthday, that was cool, didn't do anything too special, got some nice music and just chilled with the wife and my daughter and my niece was around also.

Little rundown for the week:

  • I will not be reviewing Sean Paul's new album, Imperial Blaze. I just don't think that the album is for people who read (and like what they read or even if you viciously disagree with me) this blog and, although it clearly dominates the album side of Reggae right now (and I had a WICKED angle on writing it), after listening to it, it's just too techno for me, I could have swore I heard a techno-one-drop on there somewhere and I decided against it, so there you go (I will say that the SOUND on that album is ridiculous, it sounds like the man is sitting there next to you singing his song).
  • I am however going to attempt to write a review for T.O.K's new album Our World, I think it's been a minute since I last wrote a new Dancehall review and I'm probably not going to write for that Kartel album (whatever it's called) that comes in September (because it sounds boring as hell) (watch I write it anyway).
  • Also I have Saël's new album Témoignage, it's sounding very nice right now, you can expect that one later in the week, still working through it and also look for the latest installment of the compilation of compilations, Culture Dem 3.
  • I will FINALLY clear out the trio of Machel Montano this week, definitely getting at Book Of Angels this week. And I might finish up Natural Black also by reviewing his debut album World War. And who knows what the hell else is going on (I DO!).
There you go, biggup all the fine people who talked at me this week (I won't mention you by name because it'll look like I just reviewed your album just because it was HOT and I had to), oh and Ras Attitude apparently has a new album out by the name of I Meditation. I'm looking for that one, it sounds EXCELLENT!

And listen to this damn song!


Lady Sweety pictured
Sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment