Sunday, September 13, 2009

Stuff Vol. 6


Yow! Wow, another solid week around here straight. Crazy connections, hopefully working on something BIG behind the scenes, that you may see any day now around here. The FIRST of its kind coming soon. Don't want to mention what it is just yet (don't want to jinx it, even though I've already mentioned it once or twice) (if that makes any sense) (and it doesn't), but hopefully this works out.

This week was nice, I got to the St. Jago which was my main objective and I got to it almost immediately, which was great. The reaction for that one was really solid. I had one person who said it was full on awful but he struck me (and this no diss to you) as a kind of an 'older thinking' kind of a person who just didn't like to hear anything outside of what was/is considered 'standard' Roots Reggae. But everyone else pretty much said they've enjoyed it so biggup to you all. I got crazy response to the Luciano list, which I knew I would. For the moment (at least), I'm sticking to it and I, again, appreciate the feedback and, like I said, I intentionally left out the Jet Star madness so there you go and REALLY the only one of that bunch, unless I'm seriously forgetting one or two, who deserved consideration was Great Controversy, in my opinion. I'm still waiting on YOU KNOW WHO to response to my request but we're still monitoring that and another request another individual who supposedly knows about me as well. So, we'll see about that. Nevertheless, this week:

  • Next week is the 7 reviews in 7 days and I'm already lining up which albums I'm going to do. Expect to see a review of Omar Perry's new album, Elephant Wise, DasVibes' latest find (that one is very tentative and Chezidek's latest piece, whatever it's called. But this week, I'm hoping to do three reviews, two of which I'm already sure about. The first will most likely be the Wonderland riddim album from Computer Paul's Boot Camp. There was one song on that riddim that just HYPNOTIZED my ass and I came to see that the rest of the tunes were at least somewhat interesting so we made the jump. I was hoping to start that tonight actually, but I've been laying around and doing nothing instead. The next pretty certain review for this week is Ras Zacharri's new album, Herbs Man. Loving that one right now. And most likely we'll digging through the vault for something else. And that also means that you can expect a review of Destra's album, Soca Or Die, next week. All of that is conditional, of course, as to who sends me what, but expect, almost for sure, the Wonderland and Ras Zacharri.
  • The main piece of the week, however, is an article/series that I'm starting. It's kind of tied into the thing that I said I didn't want to mention earlier, so I don't want to just come out and say what it is. I will, however, say that all you nice people who always say you want to learn a bit more about me, that article will be for you. DEFINITELY! And I don't know when you can expect that but I plan on writing it either immediately after the Wonderland review or even before.
  • And of course we'll have some words of the week, from whom, I have no idea. No Modern Classic this week probably (which means there won't be another until probably the 29th of the month, but it's #10 in the series, so you know who that means). I have a pretty good idea for a list because I find myself talking about it more and more in reviews so, I think it would be pretty interesting to explore in a more tangible way, so there you go.
I think that's it. I do want to say respect to all of my friends, new and old. So biggup Ron F., biggup John B everytime, biggup the Gwadist, biggup Ricardo at Jamrockmagazine.co.uk (everybody go and check out my column over there), biggup Rootedinreggae wherever you are my brother you need to link me soon, biggup Jah Concurz another crazy crazy writer MIA right now, biggup Zoe & Susan and everybody at Zojak (biggup James & Aaron) - everybody go and raid that Henfield collection, you know you want to. Biggup Lady X from St. Kitts and biggup the other Lady X from wherever you're from. Biggup DJ Child & PGM. Biggup MOUSLI! Everybody pick up Spyrow's Jahmo Jahmo. And that's it, biggup you! Reading this right now and everyone I forgot, Sub, Fuzz, James from TJJ, Jahzara from you know where, Ras Scope from Castries, that French dude who loves pointing out my typos and Happy birthday to my brother in law's dog. And to everyone I give this beautiful song (whatever it is):




BALANCE
RasAchis

Luciano Pictured

In a righteous mood

This morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment