Sunday, September 20, 2009

Stuff Vol. 7


Yow! Yep yep yep yep. You know, I'm not too much of a sports head but I do have to confess that I had a good time tonite watching both the Floyd Mayweather fight and the UFC event. Haven't seen anything live, outside of football, in a minute, so good times. Good times. This is our last weekend with the family, so we're going to enjoy it. Not actually going home now until Thursday morning, but still having a good time and all is well.

Another good week around here. I didn't too much think so until I did a bit of 'investigating' (on myself) and noticed that I actually was on point this week. Had three new reviews, had an article like post with Malika Madremana and a list, a preview spot and everything was nice. Behind the scenes, things weren't as active as I might have liked, but we did pretty good also. The mythical HE actually linked me back and did so in a way I wasn't expecting (or with the proposal of way in which I wasn't expecting, I should say), but I'm still trying to make that work, one way or another. The other mythical SHE hasn't said anything (and it's some other stuff going on there too) and I'm not holding my breath, but patience is a virtue which I have in abundance.

Another piece of thing going on behind the scenes has actually materialized, as the more tangible and accommodating SHE just replied and I'm going to see how that went shortly so maybe we'll have some nice extra thing this week yeah. Speaking of this week:

  • Okay! It's the last full week of the month which means? 7 reviews in 7 days. I already have the first one loaded and ready to go and I'm actually going to post it right after I finish this. The definitive reviews I'm doing this week are on: Stevie Face - Tell It Like It Is (posting that one soon), The Mighty Right Riddim album and El-A-Kru's De Road Show.
  • I'm also looking at Omar Perry's new album Can't Stop Us, I'm looking at Elephant Wise's album, I'm looking at a surprise which becomes a DEFINITE if I can get an official tracklist. And probable Vault reviews from Louie Culture and Tiwony. And possibly Destra's '08 album, Soca Or Die (and if that doesn't come this week, then it's guaranteed for next week).
  • Speaking of reviews, I've made a slight change in how I write them. I think I'm known first and foremost for the detail and depth I use in my work and that won't change (length & girth! WHAT!) at all, but I'm tired of using the same references in terms of albums this year and artists this year. So if you REALLY look at the Ras Attitude review which is still on this page, you'll see that I started actually speaking about the artist a lot earlier than I normally do and you'll notice it in the Stevie Face review in a minute also. This makes things more challenging for me (which is good) to have to actually do my research on the artist or the riddim or the label or the whatever I'm talking about at the time and it makes, I THINK, things a bit less tedious or boring or formulaic for the reader. HOWEVER, if I'm struggling you bet everything that I'll fall back on my old battle tested ass style, definitely. But we're staying like this for awhile hopefully (oh and I've taken the grammatical suggestion from Rayford in Dominica who said to use the '__' single quotes around the name of the tune the first time I mention it, so yeah, there you go, biggup Rayford).

I think that's it??? Oh yeah. Okay, I have a cool little thing I did which I'm posting later today. It's not a review (it's much much cooler actually). So biggup to the EXTREME the person who helped me with that and biggup Zojak always, biggup Computer Paul (hope you like the review), biggup PHILADUB big respect to Philadub - Stack and everybody there, biggup Jah Mac and we'll biggup the LKP if they response my email this week yeah. Oh and biggup Ricardo, everybody rush over that way>>>>>> and click the link that says Jamrock Magazine yeah.

Okay, I'm running, so are you, enjoy the review and listen to this song! [whatever it is]



Pictured - Ras Attitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment