Sunday, September 27, 2009

Stuff Vol. 8

Yow!
Back at my own house! Feeling like the world's grownest ass man! Only for a minute though, we'll be going back up, the next week Tuesday which is the 6th, so everyone who wanted to send me something (and just went straight looserish for damn near a month) you'll have about one more week, because after that, I won't be back up until the New Year, at least.

Anyway. Fantastic week this week. You look at my lineup for last week, go ahead right. New Lutan Fyah, Chezidek, WARRIOR KING (you can't buy any of them yet and Lutan Fyah and Warrior King's albums don't have any reviews up that I could find) and then (even though it was bad) Vybz Kartel's album, El A Kru, STEVIE FACE and The Mighty Right riddim (biggup Philadub). Crazy reviews, gotta lot of feedback, three of those, actually four, had label/artist feedback from it. And (biggup Philadub), I may actually be getting a bit more very interesting feedback sometime soon. I will be honest, however, that El -A- Kru album was hard to write for and I think it was because I hadn't written a Soca review in a minute, won't have any such problems this week, however. Speaking of this week, lets go:

  • I'm CHILLIN! I've got two, maybe 3 (probably 2) reviews lined up. One, which I kind of already started, is my first vault review in a minute, for Louie Culture's Uprising album (that might even be tomorrow). And the other is, as I said last week, a review of Destra's 2008 album, Soca or Die, yeah.
  • Other possible pieces for the #3 is the Biggest One-Drop Anthems album for this year (BIG BIG Lutan Fyah tune on that one name Genesis). And Can't Stop Us by Omar Perry. The Anthems album is guaranteed one of these weeks, still working with Perry, however. And you can look out for reviews of the Badman Riddim (yet another piece for House of Hits) and the Ghetto riddim likewise.
  • I'll probably also be doing the next edition of Modern Classics, which would be #10. So, of course, it'll be a Sizzla album and I'm 95% sure that it'll be for the I Space album.
  • I'll also be doing a preview, got new artist of the month also. New artist of the month actually has to come before the end of September, so you can expect that Tuesday or Wednesday definitely.
  • I'm thinking about doing an article and starting a new series like this. Where I simply just start talking about my favourite artists. I did the list, but it's kind of constraining, so yeah. Whether this week or next, expect a new article style series about my favourite artists. Nothing really really big in terms of ranking or such, just who I'm listening to, why I'm listening to them and why you should (Kind of like the long form reviews, but for an actual artist).

Next week when we go back up, I'm trying to go crazy on a couple of interviews. I'm pretty sure I'm bad at interviews, but I think I can get through them based on my knowledge. I'm at my own house this week, so I can brush up and I don't want to tell you who I may be talking to, but stay tuned, one way or another yeah. And I have three in particular and if you read my blog with any type of consistency, then you'll be well interested in those three. Yeah! And next week I may do a little video review type of thing. Crazy videos out there and I never mention them too much (biggup Thayna), so I should do a something yeah.

Okay, I think that's it. If you haven't notice, I'm not posting today (this doesn't count because I don't have use my rusty ass brain to do it (biggup Susan) and uhmmmm. Biggup my brother in law, had a great time, see you back in a minute. Biggup John B, biggup Dale Cooper and biggup Philadub everytime. And Zoe and Zojak and all those guy. And everybody else. Let me find a songgggggggggggg, there you go, Jah Cure, pretty girl:


BALANCE
RasAchis

Pictured Stevie Face

Big man, big album

2 comments:

  1. Blessed Love My Lord, I-man found the I blog tonite and I must say that I really fulljoyed it, and it's always a blessing to - in a sense - link with another passionate and overstanding sizzla connoisseur.
    May the Lord God JAH RasTafari bless and keep thee, and make his Holy Face to shine upon thee I-tinually
    Bless up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give thanks for stopping by Royal Son. Definitely a lot of literature on the High Priest Sizzla Kalonji and definitely a lot more to come in the future.

    blessings everytime my friend,

    BALANCE
    RasAchis

    ReplyDelete