Sunday, October 4, 2009

Stuff Vol. 9


Yow!
What a LOVELY LOVELY week! Home is a beautiful thing. About to hit the road again, Tuesday morning I'll be back up, hopefully making some connections. Chilling with my brother in law, chilling with everybody and biggup my father, his birthday is coming up on the 13th, he'll be 54 years young and we'll be there for that (be back on the 15th). And I know it's cold as hell up there so. . . whatever.

Anyway. It's been a nice week around here, had some fun this week and got some nice stuff done, in retrospect. Got my two reviews that I wanted to do done: Louie Culture and Destra and I got my Modern Classic done sameway. I've gotten a little bit of response from both (especially for The Uprising, got a bit of TECHNICAL response for that one and some reader stuff. I don't know where you can pick it up these days (check Ernie B), but maybe some news developing on that, so stay tuned yeah. The other big thing I feel like I just finished a few minutes ago, which was the Lutan Fyah article. already I've had some feedback on that one (little technical bit on that as well). I think I'm going to start doing that type of stuff, not even on a lyrical level every time out (but maybe), for just some of my favourite artists or even some newer artists (the one I'm thinking of next is Ziggi for some reason, but definitely don't hold me to that). I feel like I should be writing some more 'standard' type of articles and, let that be my contribution yeah, but we'll see.

Nevertheless. This week!:

  • Like I said, and hopefully I work up the courage to do it, but I have a lot of contact info and I think I'm going to use my Mother in law's phone and call all over the world (I would use my Mother's, but she'd almost certainly hit me). Make a few phone calls, maybe do a few TENUOUS interviews. In the next week and a half, so there you go.
  • Reviews! I have three definite reviews I'm looking at. The first of which is for Natty King's spanking new album, Trodding. I've actually already started that one and you can expect it probably tomorrow (Monday). I'm also going after the new Biggest Reggae One-Drop Anthems album and I have a cool Vault Review that I'm looking at, won't tell you who that is yet, but I reviewed another of his albums from awhile back and surprisingly got quite a bit of response, so. . . yeah.
  • I'm also looking at a rather controversial Modern Classic piece. I'm going to make my point and I'm standing by it. It's an album that's getting re-released actually. This one isn't guaranteed by any stretch of the word (and I may end up replacing it with a regular review) (biggup Omar Perry), but stay tuned, all my heavy readers, this will be yet another opportunity for you to call me stupid. DEFINITELY!
  • Also have lyrics coming this week. I have a pretty good idea for two lists, hopefully I can mix in one, it seems like a forever since I've done one of those.
  • And, of course, I'm on the road this week, so if you're slow and you want to send me an actual physical CD, then link me and I'll let you know how to do that yeah.
What Else???

Oh yeah. Biggup Ricardo from Jamrockmagazine.co.uk, just saw that my work is back up there and he's changed the format also a bit. I also have to biggup Mista Vybe, because I mentioned his tune on the Fully Loaded Review and he lifted some respect my way on his blog/site so, feel free to go over yonder>>>>>>> and check out his VERY interesting site (and furthermore, check out that crazy tune he did back a few years ago, Ting 4 Di Road, which you can find on Soca Gold 2006). And he was also featured on Nadia Batson's album Caribbean Girl. Big artist there and I KNEW I would start to get some attention from Soca heads, even though I barely know what the hell I'm talking about most times.

And a little birdie has told me to expect a FLOOD of re-releases from the world's best Roots Reggae producer, Kemar 'Flava' McGregor, popping up all over the place in the next couple of weeks and some new stuff as well, so YOU KNOW, I'll be all over that (if I'm not already) (and I am) in the next little while yeah!

That's it! Natty King coming tomorrow, as for right now, however, check this cool ass video!
(What a great idea I have now) (Watch this one)


Pictured - Goldee

New album

Le Moi De May

In stores now

No comments:

Post a Comment