Sunday, November 8, 2009

Stuff Vol XI

Yow!
Been a minute yeah? Everything is going on a nice schedule, however, and we're right on plan yeah. As you can see, I've been well writing my ass off! This week is potentially a pretty big week, but before this week, I'm pretty much where I want to be. When I send this one here, it'll be post 273, we'll be (hopefully) well ahead of 300 by the end of the year (maybe even by the end of the month) and early tomorrow morning there'll be review #142 and by the end of the year, we'll be well ahead of 150, which is ridiculous. Personally every thing going very nice, stuff still going on, so if you want to send me something, link me up. From a technical point of view, there were two new reviews I was really focused on and one was Lorenzo's Movin' Ahead. I've gotten a nice response from that. I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU CAN FIND THE CD! Still waiting on Irie Ites to get back to me, but I'm not holding my breath at this point and even if I get the disc, I'm not going back addendum style on the review at this point. Wicked release still and you should well pick it up either disc or digital. I've been getting a lot of response from South African readers sameway (I wonder why, hmmmmmm), so biggup South Africa everytime.

Anyway, in the next two weeks you can look forward tooooooo:
  • I have something VERY interesting going on for tomorrow (I was actually thinking about finishing it and posting it today, but then that would mean that I would have to come up with something for tomorrow lol). It's a modern classic, but very familiar at this point and I've technically been working on it for three days, so there you go.
  • Speaking of modern classics, I may have two over the next two weeks. I was meaning to do a Tanya Stephens album and there's another one which is potentially VERY difficult to write, that I've had my eye on for a minute.
  • Regular reviews, you can expect a review of Lloyd Brown's new album For Your Consideration imminently. Pressure Busspipe's new album, Coming Back For You, HOPEFULLY in the middle of the week. I'm also looking at an album I mentioned not too long ago from Shemaiah. I was able to get my hands on, so maybe even that one as well.
  • I don't know if I'm doing 7 reviews in 7 days this week, but if I do, it'll be that last full week of the month (which it usually is anyway). And if I do, you can expect some kind of Strictly The Best things going on (either one big ass review of both, or just one review of #40 I think it is) (the good one, whichever that may be). You can also expect MAYBE a review of Lukie D's album Love Again, which is currently SHOCKINGLY growing on me.
  • Before then, however, a few other possibilities include the Focus Riddim album, maybe the Blue riddim album. A few Vault Reviews I'm looking at and definitely some Soca, the last Soca review I did, Bunji Garlin's Flame Storm has gotten a pretty big response. No, I don't know where you can get it, I did check Trinidadmusicstore.com but it said it was out of stock, but you may want to check Faluma.com as well. Biggup Faluma.com (and speaking of them, should they decide to release the Rocket Launcher in the next two weeks, that would satisfy my Soca review right there) (hell, I may just review it anyway). And should Spragga decide to get Shatta Culture out in the next three weeks, I mean. . . I'd be willing to listen yeah!
  • Other stuff! I have an article I'm going to start working on pretty soon, I don't know when it'll be ready, I may save it for December, but it's on my favourite young Dancehall artist (all of my old hardcore heads know who that is), so you can look forward to that. I've got a nice little list I'm building also. I thought it was too close to another list I had done not too long ago, but. . . who cares, it'll be interesting.
  • I think that's it. . . Of course, lyrics at some point. Have a 'Check It' post, should be pretty early in the week (maybe even on Tuesday or Wednesday), I've RIDICULOUSLY gotten a lot of response from the last time I did that one there (biggup Walkup Records and Bigga Haitian everytime, everybody grab up the new album).
That's a lot of stuff right there and certainly, I've forgotten something. Biggup Jamrockmagazine.co.uk, got a lot of my reviews over there right now. Biggup Dynamq and Tune In Crew, still getting response from new artist of September (fittingly, I haven't gotten SHIT back from Malkijah. I like how everyone just acts as if that album just never came out) (biggup Malkijah actually herself though). Biggup all my regulars sameway. Fuzzfolk from today. John B. St. Kitts' finest, Lady X, Ras Scope, Jahzara and Attitude everytime, Ishi Dube, all the Sick Donkey Boys. Biggup Lloyd Brown and Denise (I got an email from Lloyd Brown this morning!) (WHAT!(), the guy from Walkup, I forgot your name my apologies, biggup Dale Cooper, biggup Tippy and I Grade (I have something for you!). Biggup Eno! I expect to hear from you maybe this week my friend. Biggup my new friend Heather, should have something for you in a couple of days also. Biggup Freddy and Jaako and all the people at IMMusic. Biggup Black Dillinger. Biggup Ricardo. And, of course, biggup Aaron, biggup Susan, biggup Zoe and biggup James and all the other wonderful people at Zojak each and everytime. And biggup YOU!

And biggup this song! Whatever it is!



Pictured, Black Dillinger


In stores soon


No comments:

Post a Comment