Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Stuff . . . Let's Call It 2010

Yow!

I wasn't going to do another one of these for the rest of the year and next year I'm thinking about replacing it (probably won't), but what the hell, here it is. Lot of interesting things going on these days, thought I'd let you know about a bit of them.

First of all, if you didn't notice, even though I said I wasn't going to do it, I just broke off 7 reviews in 7 days and I probably just have done it for the last time. 2 days before that, I did 2 more in a row, so you put that together and it's 9 ridiculously long reviews in 11 days. The last review I did for Strictly . . . was probably the longest review I've ever done. To give a context of that one, the program I usually write them on (I'm sure you didn't think I wrote them in this tiny ass box) gets about a third of the way down on page 3 when I finish. Sometimes to the middle of the page when it's really long, but that one was about 3 sentences from page FIVE. And that program also counts words and because I didn't delete it on the screen . . . yeah it was 3889 words. or about 1500 more than usual. That was a really long review, I mentioned ALL forty tunes. And I've just generally been writing my ass off. I have a kind of a year in review for the blog post coming tomorrow, so in order to save potential ammo for that, I'll leave this here.

Okay, personal stuff. If were thinking I was the lamest son in the world (then you haven't met my brother), but FINALLY we're up with the in-laws. I have seen my Mother and my Father (they still live in the same city, they're about 15 minutes from where I am now) and I'll be seeing them again tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that . . . until we take our asses home on Monday. We don't celebrate XMas, but my in-laws do and the little one definitely had a lovely time, she got some nice things she can take home and some other nice things she'll leave here for the next time she gets to visit (at which point said "nice things" would probably have been replaced with even nicer things, you know how Grannies are). I did however have a good time 'dancing' with my recovering Mother in law and the Father in law also tried to join his son (biggup my wife's everytime. EVERYTIME. If it wasn't for him, I couldn't even do all of this stuff) and his friends in picking my brain about the music and the conversation was wonderful and that was my XMas, whatever day that was. Again, we're not going home until Monday, so hurry and send me free shit!

Yes. I have watched Sting and I have talked to people who went and briefly I'll just say that Bounty Killer potentially did one of the best things in his career recently. You have people and have had people for years talking about how overrated they feel Bounty was as a clash DJ, but I think it's almost unanimous in agreement that had Kartel walked on that stage to clash Killer during his set, then it would have been a kamikaze mission, at best! The man was on his game and I was just upset that they didn't throw SOMEONE up there to try a something with him, because it would have been beautiful. And speaking of clash, General B and whoever else in that crew can keep trying to clash Kiprich if they'd like and I'm not trying to claim Kippo to be some great thing at all, I think there were probably 10-15 artists on that show who could at least go even with him, but the man is just better than General B and always will be. No question about it and it's getting ridiculous and that's all I'll say about that (new EP, in estores now Raise Hell On Hellboy from Bounty Killer, everybody pick up a copy).

Okay, without further adieu. What's coming up:

  • Next year. My feature "Completely Random Thoughts", I'm going to try and do that every week. I've gotten back SO MUCH response for that in the couple of times that I've done that (including one person who told me that a band who he just happened to play for, had the best album this year). And it's basically an impromptu article and it's fun and easy to write yeah.
  • In the immediate future you can expect a couple of crazy lists. One being my favourite non Caribbean artists (basically artists who make music that I wouldn't normally speak of), best DVD's. And of course the heavy ones (which will be first), best ALBUM OF THE YEAR and best compilations and you can expect both of them next week.
  • Like I said, I'm not doing 7 reviews in 7 days anymore. The shit is just too difficult and I kind of get this strange tunnel-hearing thing going on, to the point where listening to something else, even remotely critical sounds weird at times.
  • And lastly (I am most certainly forgetting something, but I'm falling asleep), I will finally be taking a day off from posting, because it's Carnival season and we're going early for the first time in how long. So late January through the first half of February MIGHT be kind of sketchy (but who knows, I'm probably addicted to this shit and don't even know it).
That's all it's going to be. Biggup all of my friends, I'm doing the big post tomorrow and I'll name all of you who I can remember. And you already know what I'm posting yeah



Love yourself,

Happy Holidays

BALANCE
RasAchis

No comments:

Post a Comment