Sunday, January 10, 2010

Stuff . . . The Moody Ones

I've been a truly STANK mood for the last week or so, which is absolutely ridiculous, since we've managed to extricate ourselves from the absolute brain freeze in the States and come back home, but thankfully within the last couple of days (and today has been very good), I've been making a turn for the better.

A ton of stuff put me there. The trip, as long as it was, was very good. Had a great time, missed home, missed home away from home, but it was great. My Brother in-law is a conqueror, for real. Great, great youth there and I definitely appreciate him. Everything you see up here, the man helps me so much, I couldn't do it without him, so big him up. But despite all that, I still came home in a bad mood. Didn't get into a fight with the Wife, who is absolutely amazing, but still. I cracked a CD a few days ago, that I literally NEVER listen to [Youth Quake by Beenie Man] and I damn near came to tears. Seriously. It literally ruined a couple of days for me as far as my mood, now I HAVE TO track that thing down again somewhere. I just have to. While I didn't get into an argument with my Wife, I did get into one with the woman who 'babysits' her (big ass) dog because, oh silly ass me, I paid her the money that I always pay her for doing it, but because something is going on her life, she decided she wanted more. Well, 'someone' finally convinced me to give her a little extra (for a holiday that neither I, nor "someone" celebrates) and my email filter DEVOURED about 18 hours worth of email last week and I just know it was some important [free] stuff in there . . . And I digress. As someone who has battled an unfortunately very common mental illness for a long ass time (first diagnosed wayyyyyyyyy back in 1997 when I was 16), I just don't deal with stress too well and I'll leave it there.

But. Like I said, things are definitely looking up. All the new Soca is coming up. I predicted early last year that Blaxx' new big tune for 2010 would be 'Hungry' and lo and behold, two weeks ago he dropped his tune and it's 'Huntin'. How close was I!!!:



It's okay, it actually sounds like two (or three) different songs in one. I'm sure it'll grow on me ("all day I HUNTIN, every night I HUNTIN"). Bunji was supposed to be putting out an album, and apparently he's already released every tune on it and the best for me is probably STILL one of the first I heard, 'Mad Carnival':



More big tunes from Patrice (crazy thing name Road Show), Alison Hinds of course (even though I didn't like that autotuned out tune 'Believe' I think it was, Skinny Fabulous, with the aptly titled 'BADDER THAN EVERYBODY', reigning Lucia Groovy Monarch Alpha has very nice tune out, he might just repeat with that this year. Still, speaking of Groovy, the coolest tune I've heard this year was from the inimitable Jalena (okay apparently the little one LOVES 'Huntin') (damn) who brings us a solo version of a tune she had last year, 'In Me System':


That's a LOVELY LOVELY song yeah. And if you like what you SEE, in terms of Jalena, of course you can always go on youtube and see her naked (watch her lean back, Fat Joe style, and show you a third of her ass). Love that tune though and she had a one I liked also from last year, named 'Bumpa' which was nice also. Keep an eye on Jalena. And of course you can go on my favourite places link and click on either Trini Jungle Juice or Toronto Lime and hear pretty much all of these tunes in their entirety. And the family will be in TnT this year on Tuesday, Feb. 2nd yeah.

Okay (and I'm even feeling better now than I just was before I started writing and I was supposed to do technical writing, but I didn't feel like it and I was falling asleep watching an old Bruce Willis movie by the name of 'The Kid'. And like I said, today was pretty good and that leads us into next week!:

  • I don't know what the hell I'm doing for Monday (besides listening to Conrad Crystal and Sugar Roy's new album so I can come with some questions for them on an interview for UnitedReggae.com!), but Tuesday is a REVIEW of course and the review will be for Sanchez' new album, Now & Forever which I've already managed to get my hands on (biggup Nate) and for Friday, it'll either be for Sizzla's new album Crucial Times, which I've also gotten my paws on (biggup Nate) OR (and more likely) Buggy's album Nhakente. Just got into Sanchez and it's very good so far. And I may save Sizzla for next Tuesday which is the day it releases. So there you go.
  • As far as a list, I'm thinking about doing a list called '10 To Watch In 2010'. I think I mentioned that before, but I'm getting closer to actually working on it. If I do go that route, you can well expect it on Thursday, Saturday-ish, somewhere like that.
  • I have a Completely Random Thoughts post. One is an FAQ part 2 (which is what I started to do today and is what I'll probably end up doing for Monday) and the other is random best of/worst of stuff from 2009 and it's ridiculous and it's perfect.
  • I'm not at all against doing three reviews in one week this early in the year, but it probably won't be until next week, if I do that. So look for the Street Team riddim album, the Enemy Lines riddim album (trying to do more Dancehall), a Vault Review for one of Destra's first two albums, Yami Bolo's Rebelution In Dub and who knows what else, hopefully all before the end of the month and a few other surprises, I'm sure (including one I already know about, but I'll keep that to myself for now lol).
  • I'm also looking at the next Modern Classic, I have two in mind, one is a late bloomer with me, Rising, from Turbulence and Kalonji has a new album coming, so I definitely have my eye on Da Real Thing.
  • I've gotten great response from the album of the year lists. Most of it centering around stuff I may have forgotten, which is lovely. A lot of nice reaction for Lion D (and I'm sure had my filter not gone crazy, there would have probably been more) and hopefully everyone is picking that up, it's fantastic.
  • I think that's it. I'm changing that 'about me' thing or whatever it's called, because it's lame and I'm tired of it, but that's it yeah. Gotta Video Drop, with new stuff, probably next week, who knows. Gotta Random post which is personal, maybe even flop the FAQ and turn it into that, again, who knows.
Okay and I need a song. Hmmm. Oh hell I got the perfect one yeah



Pictured.

Tiwony.


BALANCE
RasAchis

No comments:

Post a Comment