Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gone Mad!


Yow!
Have to temporarily say goodbye because I'm taking my wife and my daughter and we're going to lose our collective damn minds at Carnival for a couple of weeks. My wife has relented a bit on her previous promise to "declaw" me if I were to even try to "do something on that blog", so you may actually hear a peep or two out of me over the course of the next two weeks, but then again, you might not and it's only two damn weeks so who cares?!!!

On a technical side, this is post #372 and my 1 one year anniversary isn't until the 22nd of the month, so there you go! I deserve a break dammit! And I should be back to regular (which means every damn day), sometime between the 17-20 yeah. Maybe even sooner.

So what to do until then??? Well you can start by reading all of this shit around here! There're now 181 album reviews on this site and I've written every last one of them and I haven't even read them all, so I know YOU haven't.

What else?

You can check:
  • UnitedReggae [Bestess most beautifulest site in the world. I write over there too]
  • NicoReggae [Turning out to be a very good writer, biggup yourself Nico]
  • Jah Concurz [Crazy, crazy poet]
  • Bass Culture [Frenchie making the mixes left and right and WRITING too]
  • Dale Cooper [You hang around here long enough you'll bump into DC, then go and check his blog]
  • Toronto Lime & Trini Jungle Juice & Trinidad Music Store [Go listen to ridiculous amounts of Soca and then buy what you just heard] [They have a digital site too]
  • 101 Vibez [My newest addition. Don't know a whole heap about the man, but his site is in proper order and he's apparently a Kreyol youth so go and get educated] [Biggup yourself Alex]
  • IReggae & VIReggae [You can spend the entire two weeks on these two sites listening to radio shows and COOL interviews from dozens of big artists] [Including Queen Omega] [What!]
  • Antilles-Mizik [I'm going to do something Zouk-ish when I get back. Go and see if you can predict what it is and buy a Zouk or Kreyol Reggae album from the hundreds these people have]
Or you can just chill around here. Big stuff when I get back. Jumping in with a twenty release edition of 'Check It' [Go & buy some Zojak stuff while I'm gone too!]. Crazy reviews from all over. All that good stuff, you know what it is by now! And if I never ever return. Remember the sign:

And know that I went with a smile

See you in a couple of weeks

BALANCE
RasAchis

{Note: If you want to get in contact with me, you can still email me and I should be able to get back to you within a day or two, no problem}

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy Carnival, Ras Achis! You will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of two things are happening here...Either your going through Blog withdrawal and the shakes are killing ya, but since your a man of your word...Or, you and your family are creating life time memories and who gives a damn about Babylon's information highway anyway! Peace Nico

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again for all you do, and enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brother Achis, give thanks for the love and the reference. Enjoy Carnival in TnT!

    ReplyDelete