Sunday, March 21, 2010

Stuff . . . YEP!

Yow!
Hope all is well yeah, everything around here is going so nice, had a TON of things going on this week and while next week figures to be a little different, hoping to see things continue like such, definitely. We're taking the little one to visit the Grandparents next week, we'll be up from Tuesday until the next Tuesday (23-30) and, as usual, you won't notice too much different around here (except for the fact that I'm probably not writing on Monday) (and I'll probably be posting late as hell on Tuesday). So, hopefully the visit will produce copious amounts of FREE SHIT for me, already tied up a few pieces (HOPEFULLY), including one that I'm REALLY looking forward to, which we hope manifests this time.

As far as what's been going on around here. It's been all about Junior Kelly and Bescenta. TONS of reaction from both of those reviews now and definitely see it going on for awhile. So interesting that I didn't think too many people rated Bescenta, but a lot of messages coming in like "oh yeah, I've been waiting for him to have an album for SO long, definitely". Stuff like that makes me feel very nice and that's why things like that are up here and definitely be sure to grab up Red Pond also. I've also been trying to make a few nice NEW connections with people and have been decently successful. But that's now! What about what's coming up???

  • Actually I'm thinking about going with three reviews this coming week for the first time this year (I THINK). First we have a review that I wrote a long ass time ago for the Breadfruit Riddim album, then hopefully we'll have Maurice's new album Closure (which I'm listening to now) and then later on we can have Sahra Indio's album Change.
  • Past next week, you can expect reviews for Ayaaso Band, Alison Hinds, Midnite (maybe), No Glory Riddim (maybe), the African Riddim, Destra and whoever else that jumps up (and I'm sure I'm missing someone in there also).
  • I'm also working on an idea for a REALLY cool Completely Random Thoughts that is going to take a bit of research, so I might wait until I get back home to deal with it. But I might give you another (far easier) one that I'm working on as well.
  • Also have a very SEXY idea for a video drop, which is kind of involved (if you consider spending about 3-4 hours on youtube to be "involved" to any degree), but I think it's cool, so you'll probably get that next week.
  • Thinking of doing a list of the biggest disappointments/underachievers, have to develop that a bit more though and it may be awhile on from now.
  • You're definitely going to get a version of 'Check It'. I was working on that last preview and when I finished it, I was surprised at how much I had actually forgotten to add also.
  • And who knows what the hell else I'm going to do. I'm looking for some DECENT Zouk. I had my eye on Kim's album Premier Pas, but it wasn't really hitting me too heavily, so I think I'll pass, but hopefully before the end of April, we can get back something Zoukly.
Just want to remind everybody that I'm writing all the time (exclusive stuff, which you won't see here) for UNITEDREGGAE.COM (biggup Camille) and you can also see some of my reviews reprinted for REGGAEVILLE.COM (biggup Julian). So definitely check out both of those sites, helping Reggae take over the entire world.

Biggup everybody . . . Everybody, I'd name you, but my eyes are closing. You know who you are, big respect and I'll name you ALL pretty soon (if that makes any sense, I am so damn sleepy). Okay song! (if you don't LOVE this tune, leave this blog and never return) (EVER).



Picture

Bescenta


Go get it

No comments:

Post a Comment