Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What A Beautiful Tune 4!

Yow!

Okay so I haven't done this in a minute and I've consistently and constantly been receiving recommendations (definitely keep them coming yeah) from all over so, due to the fact that I just don't feel like writing today (and I've already written tomorrow's post, which gives me two whole days to work on Junior Kelly's review), I thought I'd FINALLY grab up some of the beautiful recommendations from my readers and kind of give you an example of what YOU'RE listening to. And since I haven't done it in 2-3 weeks and it's #4, I'll give you 4 tunes - 3 of yours and 1 of mine.
{note: If you want to make a suggestion (achisreggae@hotmail.com), definitely remember that the more OBSCURE, the better. Yeah}
{biggup Bredz, EVERYTIME}



Okay, first is Black Gandhi from out of Spain with 'Pateras'. Biggup Dutchie reader Michiel. I don't know a damn thing about Black Gandhi (not yet) and I'm not about to pretend like I do, but listen to the damn RIDDIM! This thing is gorgeous! It literally sounds like something out of Marley's bag, so definitely biggup Michiel, perfect tune here my friend.



Credit for this sublime tune from Bambu Station, 'Bird's I View' (Break The Soil album) goes to Jah Callax from out of St. Thomas. This is yet another perfect example for this feature, BEAUTIFUL song and yeah, definitely hoping 2010 can bring us the first Bambu Station album in like 4 years now. Biggup yourself Callax.



And of course big respect to globetrotting Remmy who I believe was last seen stealing a goat (for who knows what) somewhere in Statia (you know I love you Remmy) suggests I and everyone else FINALLY take notice of a TRULY wicked chanter from out of Dominica by the name of Aima Moses and here is Moses with the excellent 'Pretty Blackrose' yeah.

As for my own personal tune. Gotta go with The Mason's 'This Morning' (Wheat & Tears album). It's not very obscure I know, but this tune has been doing DAMAGE around my head for about a week now yeah (not even the entire album, which is excellent, but just this one song, SERIOUS!).


Balance

No comments:

Post a Comment