Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Completely Random Thoughts 10: 200

There are now 200 reviews on this blog. 200 of them. I started blogging on . . . February 22, 2009, which is approximately 13 and half months ago, which (by my almost certainly flawed math) comes dangerously close to being 400 days. That means that I've pretty much written an INSANELY long review on an average of every other day for the last fourteen months. 200 reviews at an average of 2400 words (which is low and not counting 'modern classics' which routinely top 3000 words each), is 480,000 (again, by my certainly flawed math) and adding everything in there, that's well over half a million words!

And while I didn't make to post this to linguistically kiss my own ass (clearly I posted it because I just didn't feel like writing today), I think that's a pretty good accomplishment. The guy from Reggae-Reviews.com probably has thousands, although if we both continue at this pace, I'll most certain catch him in about a decade or so and the other guys over there whose name I won't mention also have a great deal and I'll probably never catch them, but who cares, there're like 10 people writing for that site. When I started this place, I wanted to make it a place of reference. You show me somewhere else you can go and read a personally impartial 2500 word review for a Tiwony album or a Ms. Alysha album or an album from Jahmings Maccow, or Goldee. So, whether I keep going another decade or this is my last post (and it isn't because my next is almost done already), I feel achieved in that respect.

The numbers speak for themselves.

SO! To celebrate I am most certainly taking tomorrow off! But I will return on Friday for what? Yep. Another review -Chezidek's Judgement Time.

And next week you can expect reviews for Natty King (hopefully) and Ayaaso Band (finally). And in the coming weeks, there's the First Born Riddim, the African Riddim, Gentleman's Diversity, Midnite's What Makes A King and who knows what else! Thank you to all of my readers (although I'd most certainly continue writing even if you weren't reading) (lol) and all of the beautiful 'industry people', who make the acts of tracking down this WONDERFUL music so much easier.

Someone has to do it. Why not me?

BALANCE
RasAchis

2 comments: