Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Stuff: Big Tings Ah. . . .

Yow! It's June yeah! Year moving through nice and fast and it's almost half over! Been a big and exciting piece so far and from the way the early part of the second half looks to directed, looks like it'll be even bigger before we reach January 1, 2011 (aka 'The Year I Turn 30 If I Live Long Enough'). So! As usual with these things, I'm going to let you know what's going on and what I'm looking at yeah. Biggup Tanya Stephens, you know you love that tune!



Okay! First thing is the fact that The World Cup is about to begin! YEAH! I don't particularly follow Football very closely, but it's kind of like Boxing and MMA, where I'll watch absolutely ANYTHING. Anyone competing from the top of the top to the beginner's level. I'll watch, so I will be paying attention and following as closely as I can when I write a billion words per day around here and then there's that other thing that I'm about to tell you about.

Okay, there is no Caribbean teams in the competition, so when that happens I have 3 teams that I favour instead. The first is a random Afrikan team and this year we're going with Nigeria. I don't know a damn thing about their team, couldn't name you a player, couldn't tell you if there chances are great (even though just off the top of my head, they would appear to be the second best tune, ostensibly, in their group. After Argentina, but before Korea and that other team who I've forgotten . . . Greece). But, I hope they win.

And my two other teams are the Dutchies, of course, and the American team too. Pretty sure Holland will win their group (with Cameroun, Japan & Denmark) and although the States probably have no chance, they play England in the first game and I would so love if they beat England. It would just be so beautiful. And my Wife is American (and evil).

But to take the entire damn thing, I'm going with Spain.

And now, far more interesting to blog issues is the fact that between June 22 (I THINK) and July 6, I won't be posting at all and I might not even answer emails. Why? Because my Wife, the Tiny One, Me and later, my Brother In-Law are going to Vincy Mas and I have a little computer trick (biggup Bredz) which just didn't work in Vincy last time so yeah. Probably won't work time either and I'll be too busy any damn way watching Skinny just . . . BOOM the competition at Monarch on the third I believe.

Speaking of Skinny Fabulous, he also has a New Website which you can see at that link right there or you can also find it you know where. He also recently released what I assumed to be his Monarch/Road March tune, 'Boom Blast', and it is RIDICULOUS!



And I will most certainly be on the lookout for an album which is apparently set to drop!

So I will remind you and if you're working on something extra nice, do be sure to get it to me before we leave, otherwise I may cry.


Now to the ridiculous (because I just put two pictures with white backgrounds on top of each other and cannot AT ALL tell where one ends and the next begins). I'm coming up in the world! I wrote a . . . article/column, I guess you could call it for a pretty big Italian Reggae Magazine by the name of Rastasnob. I'm not going to tell you what it's about until it reaches, but yeah. Look at me!

And speaking of European Magazines. Seriously, if you aren't CONSISTENTLY checking United Reggae then it's not cool. I have a whole heap of features over there, especially recently so go check me out and biggup Camille and all of those people like Angus (even though he liked the Alborosie album. What the hell).

Okay! And lastly, before I tell you what to expect around here this month, I'm going to tell you a bit too much of business, but hopefully not wayyyyyy too much. I have been battling a serious health problem for the past couple of years and I'm doing much better now. I was consistently getting better, but now I'm almost where I want to be. So I've changed up my diet a bit. Besides eating copious amounts of the best thing in the world to put in your mouth, apples, I've also began to fast two days a week. And having now played with it a bit, fasting is GREAT for your body, but absolutely HORRID for your mood. So if you're single go for it.

And I've mentioned occasionally my mental . . . Stuff and while that stuff isn't going anywhere (EVER), I also kind of think I've gotten a bit of a better grip on that, which is probably wrong and I will continue my medication, but I just FEEL GOOD these days!

Let's go:

  • Okay. REVIEWS! Friday's review will be on the Soul Riddim Selection from Oneness Records. It's already done, I even posted it already, you just can't see from where you're sitting. Monday's review will be of Soca Gold 2010. Bredz just said he got a package from VP, I'm almost sure it's in there and my Wife's going up for a couple of days on (well I guess Thursday is technically tomorrow by time you read this yeah) tomorrow, so she'll bring it back and I'm going to play like a small child with the DVD. Other than that, nothing is set. So expect potential reviews from the likes of Romain Virgo, Capleton, Roger Robin, maybe Formulla and who knows who else is set to drop something in the next couple of weeks or so yeah. And obviously that means that I won't be getting to Gentleman until, at the very earliest, July. I haven't even gotten the album yet, but yeah no rush to review 40 fucking songs or whatever it is.
  • I'm going to be doing two (hopefully) Video Drops, one of which is on new stuff, and it's already complete and it'll be up tomorrow and the other is going to be COOL if I can finish it.
  • I now do 'Check It' and 'Coming Soon' on Saturday's altering with each other and this week is Check It so expect a few nice things out now (one of which you can read about right now on United Reggae!). Biggup Sherkhan.
  • And that's it. Typically madness, long winded dissection of the world which lives in your ears. Hopefully I can think of some type of list to do. I MIGHT do a New Artist before we leave and if I don't, I'm probably not going to make it up. But I might and I'm pretty sure I know which artist I would use anyway, so maybe I'll do it. Oh and whatever that cool lyrics thing I did last time with Sizzla, I think I called it 'Timeless Words' (which is lame), I think I'll do that again for an Achis Reggae favourite.
That's probably not it, but I'm sleepy as hell so there you go. Biggup all of my friends. Biggup my writers like Nico, like JC, like Dale Cooper. Biggup Nate for the package from VP I can't wait to get my paws on. . . . . . .

Damn I forgot something.
  • I'm VERY close to 500 posts at this point and I will be doing something to mark the occasion. What? I have no idea.
Biggup Camille, biggup Sue and Zojak and biggup Yeahman'C (who should've sent me his album). Biggup. . . everybody. See you tomorrow, Video Drop Vol. something.

BALANCE
RasAchis

A song (Achisreggae@Hotmail.com for Sunday beautiful song suggestion by the way)???? Ehhhh, Nasio all damn day. Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment