Sunday, July 11, 2010

What A Beautiful Tune . . . Like #18 I Think

Yeah yep yeah. Back again for a week of nice tunes made by all of you wonderful people. Pretty nice week yeah, few usual suspects and a newbie and a multiple or two like I said yeah. Yeah, you want to participate next Sunday, you know what to do, it's AchisReggae@hotmail.com and I'll get you up yeah (probably). Let's hit it:

{note: Biggup Carla every time. Thank you much}



Alright, making his recommendation ridiculously by phone is Bredz (of course he's taking opening honours) who is pushing a tune from Marlon Asher from last year, 'Trinidad Hang On'. I remember this song by title, I didn't remember the melody at all until I listened it and if you're sitting thinking that it's pretty bad, TRUST ME, it's not the type of song one you can listen to and grab just once, try it a few more times before passing judgment because there is a LOVELY LOVELY vibes in there somewhere, just give it a minute.




Next up is JP, who I think is from Washington, DC in the States and is a first time participant here, so we're going to give the multiple. His first choice is Toussaint The Liberator's big tune 'Be You' from Tippy and I-Grade. SWEET SWEET tune there definitely, been telling you all about it from since we got our hands on it and I'll keep on telling you about it because I think Toussaint's album drops next month and this GORGEOUS first single is certain to be a highlight on it.

And JP is also a pretty big Luciano fan apparently (smart man) so he also recommends you take another listen (hopefully you've heard this song before, if not, shame on you) to The Messenjah's BIG song 'Give Praise' from the "Serious Times" album. The tune isn't a decade old even, but to me it's already a classic (the album is too, hmmm . . .) and it reigns as one of his best single songs of all time, definitely. So biggup Luciano, go and grab up the new album and biggup JP, hope to hear from you again my new friend.



Big respect goes to the constant Jah Callax and I hope he didn't PHYSICALLY HURT HIMSELF digging in the vault and coming up with this one (could've sprung a wrist or something). I don't know where you can find more stuff from Ahjamel, I don't even know if he EVER bothered recording again, but about 1200 years ago the man dropped this WICKED tune 'Dr. Jeckyl' on Batch's big "Culturellinnium 2" compilation. Old school crazy Jamaican style, Tenor Saw, King Kong all of those guys and again, biggup Callax for going far beyond the scope of logics and making it work! DAMN!



I was going to give Susan from Zojak the double dose until we actually started looking around, but fortunately the best of her lot, one of the best songs ever made 'Lift Up Your Head' from Everton Blender is never too far away. And that's really all I should have to say, if you don't like this song - LEAVE. And never ever return.



And this one wasn't even recommended (it isn't even an actual song), but I'm going to volunteer it on behalf Achis Reggae favourite, Sherkhan & Tiger Records. It's a medley of their latest creation, The Box Guitar, and it just so happens that the very first tune you'll get a taste of, 'Cross Me Heart' from Junior X, is the single best damn Reggae song I've heard all year. So definitely go and grab up the album and ENJOY (currently LOVING the Zamunda tune also)!

MOI??? I'm going do the multiple this week, I have to because I have a Soca song that the little one is delightfully running around singing the punchline of NONSTOP! And then I have to do some Reggae of some sort.


It's the always welcomed Biggie Irie, BREAKING things down again with 'Mr. Officer' for Crop Over 2k10. This thing would look EXCELLENT on a Groovy Monarch stage in February (I'm just saying, don't mind me) (hmmmm) as the man just continues to do big things with this infectious tune which has currently taken over the mind of my Daughter.



And finally, we 'Blaze It' with Ziggi. Why? Because Dutchie ah run it in just a few hours time by going for the biggest crown in all of sports against Spain. Big big tune and enjoy the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment