Sunday, August 1, 2010

What A Beautiful Tune 21!: Ladies Edition

Yeah yeah. Really odd week, thing just flew right by yeah so . . . Yeah that's like it. Thought I'd change things up this week because it was running a bit slow (although it seemed to pick up today), got some different stuff going, so what we have are three tunes suggested by three ladies from ladies. It's ladies' week for the beautiful tunes and even me, I gave up my position to a very very very special first timer yeah. Watch.



Okay, even though we have a celebrity guest this week, whenever my Wife participates, she goes first so, here's her selection. I asked her what was she thinking and she starts humming this tune and have no lyrics, none at all, but even she goes - "nah pop no style" - So of course, it's Althea & Donna with 'Uptown Rankin'. Lol, classic classic piece and biggup Mrs. Achis each and every damn time.



Next in is the aforementioned celebrity guest, Achis Reggae favourite and former GY Soca Monarch Shelly G who has a new big and romantic, sexy piece of tune out courtesy of Vizion Sounds (biggup Walter Fraser, I was wondering if they were still in business), 'Mr. Right'. ALWAYS love when Shelly does Reggae and hopefully she will go through and gift the world with a full on Reggae album someday. But until then, we're going to keep loving songs like this and from what I hear, the very visual active (and appetizing) songstress has a video in the works for this one soon as well so stay tuned and biggup all of Guyana (biggup yourself Allan, get you next week), but especially Shelly G.



And lastly we have a first time participant on this feature, but a long time reader and a very cool person, Tanya [bka Zya], from out of AmsterDAMN, but claiming Paramaribo same way. She actually (indirectly) gave me the idea for this one and she had a few recs., but I picked this one because I used to LOVE it bad. It's 'Gye Nyame' from Queen Majeeda. BIG BIG BIG song from . . . from forever. "GYE NYAME. I FEAR. NO ONE. EXCEPT JAH". Going Spoken Word, Dub poet style and mashing it. So biggup Majeeda (the album with this one has gone digital, you can grab it up now) with a blast from the past and biggup Zya as well and she will be back next week with a suggestion yeah.

Yeah and like I said, I'm passing the responsibility this week to a very special guest. My DAUGHTER. Gotta tell you something about small kids and Soca - They mix like 28 year olds and Soca, because she absolutely loves it and qualifying it right now, her current favourite tune featuring a female is DEFINITELY 'My Neighbour' from Patrice Roberts (yeah yeah and Yearwood is here as well, big artist, but he doesn't count today). And I'm SURE it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she daddy plays this song DAY & NIGHT! So meet my neighbour - again and biggup the future Soca Monarch 2028, my Daughter yeah. See you next week!



{Reviews next week for something. Can't remember, but it's a new month, so STUFF tomorrow}

No comments:

Post a Comment