Sunday, August 22, 2010

What A Beautiful Tune 24!

Ehh Ehmm! Yeah! It's Sunday (it's actually Saturday when I'm writing this, but who cares), so that means big big tunes. Very strange week this week . . . Yep. Okay, we have something very interesting starting us off this week, we have two very nice tunes from oft-participants and we have whatever the hell I'm going to be doing, which I still don't know. Let's do it.



Okay the first tune . . . Well it really isn't a tune at all, but it's an artist talking about tunes, two of them. Swiss label, Kinyama Sounds sent me this cool little interview a few days back and I thought that I'd share it with you beautiful people. It features Achis Reggae favourite, Chezidek, speaking about two tunes he did with the label, which reached digitally earlier this year, 'Free Up The Music' and 'Right Track', both of which are excellent, and just his general take on the music as well. Very short (it's pretty much the length of a song) and just nice and cool and definitely go and check out the two tunes as well. Biggup Chezidek and Kinyama Sounds.



And next in is my buddy Zya from out of AmsterDAMN via SuriNAME (doesn't work as well that way, does it?) with a tune that I think I was supposed to do last week or the week before, or the week before. Anyway, Zya's persistent so she stayed on me and recommended it again, so big her up everytime. Here we have Gentleman alongside Ms. Diana King with a tune from the "Another Intensity" album,'The Light Within'. It's probably been a year (or more) at least since I've last heard this tune and it sounds REALLY GOOD. It's pretty much faded away (especially given how not so rare Gentleman combinations are), but yeah, it sounds so so nice here, so excellent draw from Zya.



Anddddddd lastly we got Allan from NYC via Guyana and I asked him right here last week which part and this week he's answering - He's from the Demarara area so biggup Guyana everytime (especially Shelly G). Allan pointed out that he always recs VI artists and I hadn't noticed but he certainly does (let's see what he does next time now) and this week is no different as he VICIOUSLY steals the idea I had in my brain and pulls out St. Croix wizard Batch with 'Tree Of Life' from the "Keep The Faith" album. If you aren't too familiar with Batch, the art of making a GOOD ganja tune with him is SERIOUS. The man puts his all and all into it each and every time and here is a mighty fine example of that! Biggup Batch and . . . anytime with that next album. Allan biggup yourself every time my friend.

IIIIIIIIIII??? I don't know. Like I said, I was thinking about some Batch (it probably would've been 'Green Gold' because it's KILLING my players right now). . . But Allan beat me to it. So I'm changing my focus and I'm drawing on one of my favourites, but in a different direction yeah. Going back a few years, it's Lady Sweety and cutie Lynnsha linking together for the fun fun 'Ma Rivale' yeah. What's jumping around in your head? Let me know, it could be up here next week.


{Review up next week for Gappy Ranks (done) and . . . probably The Lieutenant and a Modern Classic from Luciano}

No comments:

Post a Comment