Sunday, September 5, 2010

Beautiful Songs #26

What a very very strange day! Well, thankfully its over, I got absolutely nothing accomplished, but . . . yeah, there you go, I'm behind schedule and tomorrow, we'll be writing like mad. But, on to the songs. This week we have a familiar name, an unfortunately familiar name and a newbie who disappoints! Let's see!



Alright. I'll give the newcomer the first spot this week - My new friend Miguel, who gave me his entire life story pretty much, is from Italy (of course he didn't say which part) and so when I saw this and saw he had a tune, I was very excited. Maybe he'd pull out something I hadn't heard of before, maybe some new Lion D or something right? WRONG! It's Shinehead with 'Jamaican In New York'!



Okay next is a song which I don't even think was actually recommended, now that I read it better, but since I was going to post it anyway, I'll think I'll do it on behalf of JP, who I keep saying is from Washington DC and I'm right, but he now lives in North Carolina. So this week he's drawing (or I'm drawing for him) the excellent 'Move Militant' from VI Roots Queen, Dezarie. Big big tune, particularly when you haven't heard it in quite some time and I'm guilty as charged on that front yeah.



Andddddddd - Lastly, coming back for the first time (by my research) since week 14 (and I have no idea what number this is yet) (I want to say 23 maybe???) (no, it's 26) is everyone's least favourite reader, REMMY! Apparently Remmy was 'detained' in Fort De France for doing something with some type of "foul" and couldn't participate in the festivities (you know I love you Remmy). Anyway, Remmy checks in with what has to be his most ridiculous rec. to date, yes it's Shepp Dawg and yes it's 'Yes Garcon'. You will either HATE this song, or you will absolutely love it and wonder where you can get it. Ask someone else.

As for me, I'm shutting down everyone this week, I'm seeking a higher power and I'm seeking it in the form of the incomparable Peter Broggs, with 'Jah Jah Voice Is Calling'!



  • Okay! Reviews this week (tentatively) from Lady Saw and Ossie Dellimore
  • Check out my new friend Jessica Dore @ Bay Area Reggae Project
  • If you have TUNES! I mean TUNES! I'm looking to maybe do something where I give one reader an entire Sunday of beautiful tunes. But you have to be able to cover a wide array of vibes with three songs so. If you have three, link me at AchisReggae@hotmail.com
  • If you don't have three and just have one, then you can still link me at AchisReggae@hotmail.com. See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. Big up Achis! Big thanks for the shout out. Keep up the good works & inspiration.

    ReplyDelete