Sunday, September 12, 2010

Beautiful Tunes #27

Yep! Another interesting week in the bag and we're closing in on a ridiculous 600 posts as well. Big things in the work for next week as well (hopefully), so we're going to close this one out on a very interesting note. This week we have Remmy back again - And everyone loves Remmy and he demonstrates exactly why this week. BUT! More importantly we also have suggestions from two artists, one of which I briefly mentioned who picked up on it and another who's turned out to be a very very nice person. Wanna know who they are? Let's find out!



We ran into a tune from Skilli Bangs -'As A Rastaman'- on the recent big big Repeat Riddim from Philadub Records and I mentioned that, with his very interesting 'rough' approach, Skilli was definitely an artist to keep an eye on for the future and apparently he was keeping an eye on me as well. He sent me a new tune of his last week, 'Sus Talk' and once again the tune shows the same type of scruffy vibes and delivery he's displayed in the past and that has attracted so many already. Very nice tune here and the future is very bright for Skilli Bangs (and biggup Philadub).



Next time I get into a 'Video Drop' post (which will hopefully be fairly soon because it's been awhile) I'm going to draw on this video again, so I'll refrain from commenting on it too much, but the tune here, 'At The Awa Bar' from Jah's Jewel, Hawaiian songstress Sahra Indio, is very very nice. Indio links me quite often these days (she is, of course, the aforementioned "very very nice person) and she has big big things in store. This tune in particular also happens to feature the same Ruff Scott I told you about on the Ossie Dellimore review and is a strong example of the low-key and absolutely DELICIOUSLY laid back vibes you can expect from Sahra Indio.



Remmy . . . Yeah. Okay this is a 'tune' which doesn't have a name at all, but it comes via the legendary Prince Fleaswallow, known for his big tunes like . . . and uhmm . . . and then back in . . . Yeah! With credentials like those, I really shouldn't even have to introduce this one. Taken from a video game of all places (Parappa The Rappa), it's a deejaying frog at a flea market and something tells me that I should probably be offended (and I most certainly would be if I could stop laughing after hearing that damn frog say, "I've been working here since my Mama was a baby"). Remmy my friend, what would I do without you???

As is turning out to be the case more and more these days, it's my turn and I have not the faintest idea of what the hell I am going to do this week. I think I was supposed to do an old Sean Paul song like last week, or the week before, whenever that was, but I don't feel like it. Instead, as usual, when I can't think of a damn thing, I'm going off-radar, I'm going to Guyane, I'm not drawing Tina Ly or Fanny J, it's big and bad group Damaniak with 'I Can't Believe'.


  • Biggup Skilli Bangs and my new best friend, Sahra Indio
  • Reviews next week for Spragga and . . . someone else
  • Big tunes each and every Sunday - AchisReggae@hotmail.com to get your own up
  • Hey Susan!

No comments:

Post a Comment