Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Stuff: A September to Premember???

Yow!
Ding, dong, August is gone! It was most cruel, it was most disgusting, but finally we have laid August 2010 to rest! Hip-Hip Hooray! Okay, so now on to September 2010, a month which just seems to grow bigger and bigger and bigger. 3 big ass releases highlight the month (at least) and I'll be telling you about them shortly, but first, let's talk about what's been going on here.

First up is the fact that I have 'evolved' my style to such a degree, that I'm now able to write two, three and sometimes even FOUR different reviews at one time. The fact is that last night I wrapped up a review for some random album which, because I pretty much have the next few weeks locked up, I might not even push up until October. And the review you just read, for "Digital Acoustics" was completed, maybe a week ago. So biggup me for that. Evolution at Achis Reggae. Ooooh! And in even bigger adult-like news, I got a second COMPLETE shower installed at my house and that makes me, of course, THE MAN.

And in terms of responses. We've still gotten quite a bit for Toussaint's album (particularly a lot from my regulars) and you wonderful people have also reacted well to Gappy Ranks' album and even Maikal X to a degree (even though it STILL hasn't been released really). So biggup all the reaction and I hope you find something you enjoy.

So what's up for September? Listen me!

  • Expect reviews from the BIG trio of albums from Lady Saw, Duane Stephenson and Buju Banton (in that order), with Ms. Marion Hall going first, next Tuesday. Joining them - You can also look for reviews from new albums from people like Bobby Tenna, maybe Ras Midas, my first review of September, coming this Friday - Stevy Mahy - and who knows who else really. BIG BIG month.
  • I have a really cool idea for an article, which unfortunately is going to require a bit of research on my part, but I'm SO confident about it, that I'm thinking about starting it . . . like Today. But that should definitely pop up sometime this month, probably sooner, rather than later. Very interesting situation that I've noticed and a few people have spoken on as well.
  • Always on the lookout for ideas for new and interesting lists (so if you have one - AchisReggae@hotmail.com - But I'm pretty sure I have a good one for my next installment and the one after that will be the part two of the "Nearly Perfect" feature, which I may actually do as soon as next week. So look out for at least two lists this month.
  • I don't like doing interviews (OBVIOUSLY), but I have a REALLY interesting idea for one and it's with a person whose been really accessible to me in the past and one whom my readers have (surprisingly) reacted to quite well. So, this may be something which (IF it's going to happen) is more likely for October, but who knows! So look out for yet another clumsy ass interview from Achis Reggae (but this one might be cool).
  • And, of course, just be on the lookout for the usually ridiculously long posts from yours truly. I have two nice ideas (one of which may get me slapped in the face) for Completely Random Posts (and if I actually post tomorrow, you may see one of them then, same thing for Saturday). And everything else I do and always be sure to check my people at UnitedReggae.com for other things I'm working on as well. And DEFINITELY link me at AchisReggae@hotmail.com for any suggestions for big and beautiful tunes (or anything else), whatever you have going up each and every Sunday.
Biggup all of my friends too. Nico's been hanging around a bit, so has Dale Cooper, as always, JC's hopefully somewhere writing something, the guy from the Reggae Unite blog he's a very very nice person, Zalemmm (and all of his M's) from Bass Culture - always biggup Zalemmm and Daniel from IReggae and VIReggae.

And my other (no so writing) people. People like Bredz, people like everybody at Lion Zeal. The Zojak people (hey Zoe!), Susan about to return I believe. Hey Susan. Biggup Heather from Truckback, hopefully somewhere working on a Goldee link. Biggup Calla, biggup JP, biggup Allan, OOOOOOOOOOOLD John from way back when, Phillip, Asher biggup yourself. John B, wherever you are. John B rolls around . . . I forget where John B lives, I want to say Washington DC for some reason, absolutely BLASTING Reggae in his Cadillac and, by my estimation, that may just make him the coolest man in the world. Biggup Queen Majeeda who just emailed me (look how cool I am, I get random email from people like Queen Majeeda!).

Biggup Tippy and Toussaint and NiyoRah and everybody at I-Grade Records, because they have a new website which is gorgeous, so go and check it out.

I think that's it, enjoy September and enjoy the sounds.

TUUUUUUUUUUNE! One song has been DAMAGING me from since I woke up this morning, and went back to sleep and woke back up. It's 'Rastaman In The Hills' from Ras Shiloh.




Pictured

Lady Saw

"My Way"

September 7

Get it, don't ask questions

It's Lady Saw


Fool


{Wrote it before the news of Spragga}

No comments:

Post a Comment