Sunday, October 17, 2010

Beautiful Tunes #32

Ehhhhh! Pretty nice week if you ask me. Definitely things around here a bit . . . What am I saying? Nothing changed lol. You can act like it, but people never really too much see the difference. Anyway, it's Sunday (or it will be by the time you read this), so that means TUNES at Achis Reggae. This week we have some Family, we have a veteran and we have family of a veteran. Hmmm! Let's go!



Okay, first up is the "veteran" in that trio - It's JP from North Carolina (right JP???) with a tune that he linked me for last week with a double, so I kept and held it over for this week. It's Norris Man & Turbulence (who, I think, are cousins or Uncle and Nephew - something like that)with the sweet sweet 'Come Together' a big tune on a riddim from Builders (just looked it up, it's the Runner Riddim. JP made it a point to mention just how strong Turbulence can be when sufficiently motivated and definitely that's true and it is so also the case with Norris Man. Excellent choice JP.



Next is the "family of a veteran" - It's Deborah, who is the Wife of longtime beautiful tunes suggester, Jah Callax from out of St. Thomas, with a tune that I was actually going to use myself maybe a month or two ago - Bonafide classic 'Trini 2 De Bone' by David Rudder. If you don't like this tune, rest assured it is not the problem, YOU are. Biggup Deborah, biggup Callax who had a tune too and we'll get to it next week, biggup my Father and . . . I don't care - all this sugar IS good for me! Hell, it's good for everybody!



And lastly is the "Family" - Biggup Bredz who is essentially doing us a service (as if he doesn't do enough around here) by using his tune this week for a big big combination. It's big and bad Bounty Killer, it's Baby Cham and it's Mykal Roze in the studio for Dave Kelly and Madhouse with 'Stronger'. So much stuff to say about this one and I'm not going to say ANY of it! All I am going to say is - ENJOY!

As for me, you see what I posted yesterday. I've had the same tune in my head for the better part of two days, only to look it up and see that it actually has a video! And a funny one. Stay tuned in November for Lloyd Brown's coming album, "Cornerstone", but last year he gave us an excellent one in "For Your Consideration" which featured the most interesting and most intoxicating 'Blah Blah Blah'.



  • Taking tomorrow off
  • VERY VERY interesting review for Tuesday and . . . something else on Friday (I have no idea)
  • Video Drop, Preview/Check - Nice new stuff around that I didn't get to last week and just general long-winded madness from Achis Reggae

No comments:

Post a Comment