Thursday, December 9, 2021

Completely Random Capleton & Militant Muzik

Okay so, we stumbled across an old Capleton tune that I cannot actually say that I recall hearing ever called 'Mountains to Climb'. It was produced US label Militant Muzik (I want to say that they're best known for work that they did with Luciano, but I could be wrong about that because while the label's name has stuck with me, I couldn't name you a specific tune off the top of my head) (and further research would reveal that Militant Muzik was behind the Found Her Riddim which gave birth to the excellent 'Crown Him' by Lutan Fyah) on their Talk To Them Riddim (also featured a big tune Luciano, 'Generation of Vipers' and George Nooks and Munga Honourable) which dates back nearly two decades now to 2002.


Anyway, 'Mountains to Climb' is a big, big tune and clearly someone agreed with me enough that they thought to make a video clip for it. And it also led me in the direction of another set he had done for MM by the name of 'Yadalong' which was from the year prior to 'Mountains to Climb'. Never heard it either.


And, has been the norm these days when it comes to me listening to Capleton for any kind of  stretch of time, I would eventually make my way to the unforgettable '40 Sumph', which is probably one of my favourite EVER from the legendary chanter.


Just thought I'd let you know. Have a great day. 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for digging up these tunes and this label! in particular Yadalong and the insland bwoy riddim that contains some other good stuffs from admiral tibet, mad cobra, bushman, and certainly one of the most ancient pressure's tune i've ever heard : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NBRi8HT36A&list=PL5O1a-_bCB6IvTd-18-5GeavVTu7OohkT&index=8 nice to discover some good old riddims i've never heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Bushman tune is nice! Great find Zalemmm and nice to see you, been a minute yeah. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete