Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Coming Soon: Living Testament by Akae Beka

"Living Testament" by Akae Beka [Trinity Farm Music]

Okay so, while I'm still in the process of placing a bow on the solid year that was 2023, 2024 is already in the process of digging in its feet and getting started and, looking around, we've already seen a nice release or two in the year's first couple of weeks or so (biggup Elijah Prophet), with a few more set to come (both Exco Levi and Julian Marley are releasing new albums on the first of March ("Born To Be Free" and "Chapters: I Remember", respectively). With that being said (with respect to the Prophet, I haven't listened to his album, "Keys To Education" just yet and he is prone to greatness... should probably do that after I finish writing this), potentially 2024's first genuinely HUGE release is now set to be forthcoming soon as the great Akae Beka returns via the increasingly crucial Trinity Farm Music from out of California with "Living Testament". I could go into this one on paper just a bit (and I probably will), but I'm going to tell you one thing right now about "Living Testament": IT SOUNDS FANTASTIC. There is a website which I've mentioned before called Junodownload.com and that website not only gives you GIANT sound clips as a default but, if you have the patience, you can actually piece together entire songs and albums and I've done that quite a bit with this particular set. As I said, it is excellent!

Ahead of "Living Testament", TFM has already delivered its initial single, the very well received 'Who Will Go For Us' and, along with Akae Beka, Trinity Farm has also done works with a number of talented vocalists (just within the last year, alone), including the likes of Rob Symeon, Ras Abja, Danny I ["You take my mind pon holiday. Completely"] (BOOM!), JAH RUBAL [!] and even the great Army with whom the label released a lovely EP in April, "Higher Ground". So, be you unfamiliar with the work of Trinity Farm Music, you DEFINITELY need not worry as the label has well demonstrated themselves to be more than capable.

Along with the aforementioned 'Who Will Go For Us', early favourites include its chaser, the GORGEOUS 'Holding The Amen Key' (what a title!), the scathing 'Reforms Unseen', 'S On The Chest', 'Rebellion Running', 'Stone Of The Corner' and others... 'Like All Around Man Yard (album's eleven songs long and I just named damn near the entire thing as potential highlights) (I am NOT sorry. I DO NOT APOLOGIZE). 

Maybe that's not the case (it is) and I'm wrong (not today) (surely tomorrow, but not today). Find out for yourself when Akae Beka's "Living Testament" is declared on the 16th Of February.

{Note: Just in case you haven't figured it out, I have a VERY good feeling about this one}

No comments:

Post a Comment