Saturday, February 3, 2024

Tuff Lion has a Higher Reason

"I'm doing for you

I'm doing  this for me

Creating and shaping a new reality

Shifting the paradigm of what they see

Lifting up my family out of poverty

Using my inborn musical abilities

Telling my story with melody and harmonies

Liberating lyrics and redemptions songs

To the world, I will tell it all

And to the glory of The King, I sing

Spreading love and good tidings

Across the planet and all of creation

BROADCASTING A POSITIVE VIBRATION"

Biggup loooooooooooongtime favourite of ours, the masterful Tuff Lion who, just last year, gifted us his outstanding new creation, "Harmonic Therapy", and now the venerable guitarist, vocalist, producer, arranger.... is getting the new year started off in a major way on the strength of a downright pillaring new single, 'Higher Reason' on his own Tuff Lion Music label. Were it on "Harmonic Therapy", 'Higher Reason' would have been the single biggest tune there which is saying a lot given the class an quality of that set, but it is deserved! 'Higher Reason' is MAMMOTH. The tune, essentially, finds the Lion speaking on his grand purpose as a musician and why he does what he does and why, after all these years, he is still progressing (I've told this story before so I'll be brief, but I will never forget Tuff Lion talking about learning the guitar and, even after having practiced and performed for so long and rising to the point where he is one of the greatest guitar players in all of Reggae music, he said "...and I'm still learning the instrument).

The year is still very young, and something else will come along, but as of a month and a couple of days or so, unless I am REALLY forgetting something, 'Higher Reason' is probably THEE best new tune I've heard in 2024 thus far. I will not get my hopes up for a new album just yet but a 2024 with an active Tuff Lion will be a BEAUTIFUL year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment