Sunday, July 26, 2009

Biggups & News Vol. 2!


Yow! Big wicked week just pass and love the response again. Seem every time I do the seven reviews in seven days I get the most responses. Got crazy emails about the Alborosie review, mostly people (nicely) calling me crazy, which is fine, of course. There were quite a few people who agreed with me and their sentiment was kind of the same basically saying 'thank you' for putting it to words why they weren't feeling it either but yeah, your opinion is yours and its big and mine is mine and its big and I definitely appreciate when people disagree with me and say why and keep it civil same way. So I throw big respect that way.

Gotta a little response to the Chezidek album also but I can't really do much there, I think I explained it to the best of my abilities. That's how it is, its one album stuck inside another one basically. Biggup Gwada Speshulist (you need a website or something my brother!) for the feedback on the Blenda album and educating me same way. Also hit 150 posts this week, I think #150 actually was Albo. This blog has a TON of content in 150 posts and I'm just using 3% of my picture space lol.

Next week, looking at a few things:

  • Tarrus Riley review is probably priority #1 for this week. Still working my way through it but I'll probably have my mind made up by tomorrow and then start working on it straight away.
  • Might get a Shurwayne Winchester review FINALLY. Don't hold me to that one though.
  • New artist of the month, probably later today sometime.
  • Lyrics back, a list (maybe even two) and a same old, same old yeah.
Oh and I do not have a Twitter, a Myspace, a Facebook or pretty much any social site whatsoever. This is the only place to CONSISTENTLY find me and, of course, email me at achisreggae@hotmail.com (and put a decent subject header on it, otherwise my overactive spam filter will eat it).

Greenz Soca Monarch semi-final was Friday I think. Like always I'm pulling for Mr. Killa but the way things were going, looking like a repeat for Luni & Electrify. And if everything goes to plan we should be there for the finals, which should be amazing, I didnt see the semis but reportedly even they were pretty good which is rare. I will NOT be a Crop Over this year but you can hold me to that next year, thats Vincy Mas and Crop Over DEFINITELY next year. And congrads to Ricky T for taking Lucia Road March and that other thing which I won't even mention.

Biggup to all the publicists and managers who've been contacting me, get a lot of that. And, of course, biggup first and foremost all the readers. I worked MY ASS OFF last week and definitely appreciate all the feedback, minus the publicity things, I think I took in about 60 emails just based on what I wrote last week and I'll keep that format, once a month, seven reviews in seven days.

Thanks a lot and check My Favourite Places, be adding a couple of places later today yah! And listen to this song!

Blessings,

BALANCE
RasAchis

No comments:

Post a Comment