Sunday, August 2, 2009

Stuff!

Yow!

Another big week round here, been a lot of things going on behind the scenes and in front of the scenes and on the side of the scenes and around the scenes and you get the point yeah.

BY FAR the story of the week has been the response I've gotten to the review for Lutan Fyah's new album, Justice and it hasn't been the usual type of I'll get for an album (like I've gotten for Tarrus Riley's album). Not very long after it, I got two reviews from two people from the label who released the album, Philadub, and they gave me free songs so biggup Philadub, Stack and especially Wayne, in particular. Also got quite a few readers linking me so if you haven't picked it up, then definitely do so and apparently when you buy it from iTunes, there's free stuff involved, like a bonus tune yeah. And its doing good right now so we definitely like to see Lutan Fyah on top of the charts and with an independent release also! That's big yeah.

Got some nice things coming up this week:

  • New reviews: Maybe as many as three new reviews between Gramps Morgan (which I'm REALLY liking, Prezident Brown and hopefully I can get Shelly G's new album because it drops this week and I also have other stuff bubbling around the surface like Shurwayne Winchester (forever supposed to do that), whole heap of new Soca compilations from Blood, from Monstapiece, from Dwangerous, from Soke Tite, everybody and it should be Red Boyz time any day now yeah. And also a new Mark Wonder around sameway.
  • Vault reviews: At least one is coming this week and I already pretty much have my mind made up on that one. Its pretty obscure so to the two guys in particular always say I don't write them enough, you're going to LOVE this one, I guarantee it yeah. I also have to finish up a discography, so maybe a little Natural Black in the not too distant future yeah.
  • Lists: I have one very cool idea for a list and I have one which I'm dying to revisit and make a sequel to, so probably the cool one (because its a helluva lot easier) this week and the other next week.
  • Other stuff is the same old, same old and a little twist which might be tomorrow actually. But yeah, lyrics (don't know which song yet, maybe a Soca lyric???) and a Modern Classic and just good reading yeah. Keep the emails coming, I answer everything pretty quickly as long as you make a good subject heading, otherwise my filter will eat it and I will NEVER see it!
Oh and I do have to say about the blog - I can't (obviously) do it forever, it'll end someday but to the guy that asked me, I don't care if I sound stupid, I don't care if I REALLY REALLY screw up, I may go back and change things, but I will NEVER take this thing down. Ever. I got it going for my own reasons but its a pretty good reference aid I think, even if I'm wrong on something you can go off and verify or disprove what I said and that's cool same way. So, even if I'm not feeding it, it stays up. And NO, I'm not planning on going away anytime soon. And I got another request from someone (biggup my Frenchies) to go step by step of what I look for when I write a review and that shouldn't take very long to do so, I'll try to fit it in this week on a slow day (like lyrics day!).

Give thanks for all the feedback, always appreciate it and keep reading. And listen to this cool ass song, Si Tu T'en Vas, the best tune from Kaysha's latest double album, Forever Young (which I probably should review someday)



blessings,

BALANCE
RasAchis

No comments:

Post a Comment