Friday, November 20, 2009

Coming Soon Vol. 7

Coming Soon

Sizzla - Crucial Times [Greensleeves Records]


First up this week is a definitely a mandatory piece and one which I hardly know a damn thing about. Sizzla’s spanking new album ( I hesitate to call it ‘much anticipated’, because it’s always much anticipated, but it hardly ever pops up on a schedule until like a month or two before the release date) Crucial Times. Again, I don’t know too much about Crucial Times only that it’s on Greensleeves (which has been a pretty good place to get GOOD Sizzla albums from over the last few years hasn’t it) and it’s apparently produced by Homer Harris (tip of the hat to UnitedReggae.com), who discovered a young Sizzla how many years ago. AND supposedly there’s an EP for the album making its way around also, so you can probably expect to see that in heavy rotation in the next few weeks or so (oh, and apparently there’s another very suspicious piece of shit looking Sizzla album by the name of Stand Tall which is making its way around also and I’m going to be avoiding that one like the plague).

Rated Potential: 5/5


Perfect - French Connection [Tiger Records]

And it’s Perfect again. I have to revisit Perfect’s soon coming French Connection album because I now have quite a bit of information about it. Like a tracklist dammit:

01.Rasta Government
02.Step Away
03.Absolute Blessings featuring Sizzla
04.Come On Woman
05.Ain't No Sunshine
06.Ruff Time
07.Son Of Jamaica
08.Family Man
09.Marijuana We Seh
10.Judgment Morning
11.Mount Zion
12.Bobo Special
13.Rebel In Me
14.Mi Nah Cut My Dread featuring Lutan Fyah
15.7 Is The Number
16.Life featuring Zamunda

Very solid looking and of course I have my eyes all over that #14! Can’t wait to hear that and I’m just looking forward to it in general, you can hop over to Amazon.com and hear clips and see other information and also notice that it is in e-stores a week from today, Friday the 27th (which means that there was a Friday the 13th last week, who knew!). Definitely expect a review for this one, probably before the end of the month as (even if some very nice man named Sherkhan decides not to send it to me, but hopefully he does) I’ll definitely be picking this one up. Very excited about it.

Rated Potential: 4.75/5


Richie Spice - Out Of The Blue [Clive Hunt Productions/Ugly Man Records/Zojak Worldwide]


If you’re one of those people still stuck in 199X and this whole digital thing is blowing your damn mind then you can go ahead skip forward past this one (and who knows what the hell else I’m about to talk about, so you might as well just stop reading and as matter of fact log off of the computer also) because I LOVE IT and just for reasons like this. Out Of The Blue is the oft-discussed and oft-invisible debut album of superstar Richie Spice and in December, you’ll FINALLY be able to get your hands on it digitally. Produced by veteran Clive Hunt (who is apparently in the process of giving his catalogue to the wonderful people at Zojak Worldwide), this one has COLLECTOR’S ITEM written all over it and I already have it! It’s definitely a bit of a blast from the past and had me going “oh that tune is that old on more than one occasion.

Rated: WHO CARES! Get it.



In Stores Now

Pressure - Coming Back For You [Rymshot Productions/Zojak Worldwide]

Okay, I’m going to mention this one (again), because I’ve checked about six different versions of iTunes and they’ve all had it (even Dutchie iTunes, which is some shit), but apparently Pressure’s new album Coming Back For You (which you fine people have been emailing the hell out of me in regards to) IS OUT NOW! Digitally of course. So read the review again and punch it up and buy it right now and apparently if you buy the entire album you get a dubbed out version of ’Love Conquers All’ and a Digital Booklet also, so when you get it, be nice and email me and tell me what the hell is in that booklet.

Rated: Review


Glen Washington - Vibes [No Doubt Records/Zojak Worldwide]

Okay I hadn’t gotten too much response for this one recently until the last week or so when I’ve filled about eight emails about it or so, but Glen Washington’s album Vibes for Kemar ‘Flava’ McGregor is out now also! This one is just THOROUGH from beginning to end, building on the consistency that fans have come to expect from the singer throughout his illustrious career and I’m sure you’ll definitely enjoy it. A thing here though I’ll tell you, don’t just head over to your favourite e-store and punch in ‘Glen Washington’ and leave dejectedly when they don’t have it (because they do), instead be sure to check for ‘Glenn (a double ‘n’) Washington’ and it should pop up.

Rated: Review


Lloyd Brown - For Your Consideration [Riddimworks/Cousins Records]

Okay, this one is just a simple reminder of something that’s managed to keep a nice spot on my players, the masterful Lloyd Brown’s new album For Your Consideration. Of course such things are hard to tell after only a week or so, but in a year FULL of albums with staying power, For Your Consideration appears to be another such release. Each time I dip back into it, I find some small bit that I didn’t hear the first time around and isn’t that just so nice. You can head over to any e-store (and probably quite a few physical stores at this point and pick it up) and see for yourself.

Rated: Review


Empress Robertha - Solid Ground [Kickoff Records/Zojak Worldwide]

In one of the quickest turns in the brief history of this blog, after just mentioning this artist on the (shocking well responded to) ‘Ladies In Waiting’ list, Empress Robertha’s LUSH debut album Solid Ground is slowly making its way out to the masses. I’ve seen it on no version of iTunes and no version of Emusic, but Amazon shoppers can enjoy this wonderful introduction to Robertha right now. Checking in at a very healthy sixteen tracks, Solid Ground goes in quite a few directions, but none of them are foreign to the very subtlety DEEP skillset of Empress Robertha who maintains her cool throughout and ends up dealing what is one of the better Reggae debuts I’ve heard in 2009 altogether. A featuring spot from Lutan Fyah also helps and you can head over right now to any Amazon (with digital service) and enjoy the very impressive clips right now (and before you ask, NO. Lutan Fyah’s album Rising Up from the same label isn’t out yet, at least not that I’ve noticed).

Rated: 4.25/5


Sly & Robbie Present Tune In to Merry-Go-Round [Taxi]

Okay and lastly is an album I don't even have, so I won't spend much time on it, but just looking through the tracklist, I'm damn impressed! This one features two different BIG riddims from Sly & Robbie and it features such a wonderful spread of artists including TWO TUNES from BOTH Sizzla and Lutan Fyah, Bitty McLean, Bushman, Anthony B and Cherine Anderson and were that not enough (surely you're just getting greedy at this point), then there're the two MASSIVE combinations from Bounty Killer & Sugar Minott and Jimmy & Tarrus Riley, both of which I know and I seriously can't wait to get my hands on this one.


Fire Pashon - Mek It Inna Life (Single) [Irie Sounds]

Okay so I lied but writing the name 'Sugar Minott' made me realize that I forgot something (and now seeing Pashon's pretty face up there right now makes me realize that I've forgotten something else). Also mentioned in the now EPIC 'Ladies In Waiting' list was Sugar Minott's daughter, Fire Pashon who, unbeknownst to me has an official single out for her tune 'Mek It Inna Life' which you can grab up on iTunes of various forms right now. I don't actually have this one (ehhh-emmm!), but you can head over to Pashon's Myspace right now and hear it, sounds like a big tune, definitely.

Nadia Batson - Caribbean Girl [Nadia Batson]


And lastly (for real this time because I'm getting tired of this fucking post) is Nadia Batson whose album from 2007/08 Caribbean Girl you can now SHOCKINGLY buy on iTunes right now. I've been meaning to mention this one for about a month now and hopefully this one is a sign of things to come as an undeniably BIG TIME Soca artist from out Trinidad has released CURRENT material digitally (and apparently on her own accord). And, on top of that, Caribbean Girl is one of the more all-around SOLID Soca releases that I've heard over the past few years, featuring the likes of Mista Vybe (biggup Mista Vybe), Royal Dainties and Soca superstar Shurwayne Winchester. AND! It's the My Posse album, so you know you want it. BIG things here.

Rated: Review

No comments:

Post a Comment