Saturday, May 22, 2010

Coming Soon Vol. 17.5

Coming Soon
Nice Vibes Riddim [Burton Records]

Just saw this one pop up and thought that I'd run it through as well. You may not know Burton Records too well, I believe it's a Danish company and I recognize them for the simple fact that I can remember hauling through Amazon and pages last year and seeing their very simple covers (which were just different colours of what you see here) for a couple of releases and those pieces (the Strike Back and Uprising riddims, respectively) were pretty nice. They both were just a few songs or so on the riddim, but they featured very nice artists and the same is going to be said for the Nice Vibes Riddim as well. This piece features Zareb, Chezidek and Lutan Fyah as well as an artist I first heard of on the Uprising Riddim (I THINK), the very solid Mystic MC also from out of Denmark. Of course with names like that I'm interested and you might be as well so definitely give this one a listen when it drops.

Potential Rating: 4.25/5
Releases on June 11 (digital)


In Stores Now
Smiley - Lively Road [Love & Unity Music]





And of course, I had to reiterate this release which I mentioned a few weeks back, because it's now been released. The burgeoning young Smiley from out of The Netherlands by way of Aruba brings forth his debut EP, Lively Road. We were, of course, hoping to get a full album and we're definitely still keeping an eye out for that, but this SOLID piece figures to keep the interests in this WICKED young artist very high. So, definitely if you're looking for something nice and cool, but powerful as well, pick up Lively Road from Smiley who is about to be a REALLY big deal in my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Big Up, thanks for chatting about the Nice Vibes riddim. We are indeed Danish - hailing from Copenhagen, Denmark.

    Thanks for the mention.

    ReplyDelete