Monday, May 10, 2010

Stuff . . . Mother MAY I

Yow! Apparently I haven't done such a post since the third of April and given the fact that April was the most interesting of months (and I've suddenly thought that this is a pretty good way to start the month-ish), here it is again! Now I just have to think of a cool little title for it and I'll post it up. . . . After I write it, of course. And yes, the festivities here are over, they torched King Momo's fat ass. Didn't do too much at night, but more in the daytime with the little one, so a good time was had and definitely looking forward to next year.

Okay so, we'll be on the road this week, coming up on Thursday, going to see the In-Laws, won't be there the entire week, however, we'll be back around here the following Tuesday. Of course you won't notice a change at all (with the possible exception that I probably won't be posting on Thursday) and yadda yadda yadda. Supposedly there're a couple of nice packages waiting on me and there'll be even more by time we reach (and biggup Iwer George). So, hopefully they can cheer me up because the trip means that I won't be able to go and see Ce'Cile on Saturday (I think it's Saturday), probably all the best anyway because I'd probably try to introduce myself at this point and be nervous as hell, thus making a fool out of myself in front of my better half.

Speaking of in-laws, my Wife's brother, Bredz we call him, is apparently taking off this summer from school and his plans include not only accompanying we to Vincy Monarch, which I is on July 3rd, he's also thinking of starting his own Reggae related website and should he do so (it would be late July/early August, so I'll keep you posted on that and Bredz takes a camera with him (I mean a real camera, not a cellphone) everytime he leaves the house, so you may even see my ridiculous face on it should it materialize, so here's hoping that it doesn't.

What shall materialize around here in May??? Let me tell you!

  • Okay, first of all, of course, are the reviews. Tomorrow, I'll give you the ins and outs of Kalash's self titled debut set and this coming Friday, apparently having not learned my lesson from the first two times, I may actually give you a review of Midnite's album What Makes A King? And I won't give it a stirring review and then I'll be insulted viciously on the comments, of course I'm sensitive as hell so I just may disable the comments for that post (j/k, flame on). Besides that, looking ahead what we have is the VERY FORTUNATE case that two of the biggest releases for this month, Busy Signal's D.O.B. and Capleton's Iternal Fire have been delayed (Busy until the middle of June, Capleton until early July), which is great because they'll drop eventually and it spreads the time around. SO, instead of reviewing either, you can look forward to reviews for (of course) Distant Relatives from Jr. Gong and Nas, hopefully I can get that one a little early and have it up for the day it releases (I THINK), which is the 18th. And also Gentleman's Diversity also is headed for a worldwide release so I can finally snatch it off of Dutchie iTunes and slap a review on it and I will ONLY be reviewing the Deluxe Edition, all 5,000 songs of it. There's also Soca Gold 2010 and I may actually wait on that one to coincide with the fact that on June 1st Alison Hinds turns 40 apparently. That day just so happens to be a Tuesday and lo and behold I write reviews on Tuesdays and Fridays, so I may just do a big ass Soca week again. If that's the case, along with Gong & Nas, Gentleman, Midnite and Kalash, for the rest of may, you can MAYBE expect a review for Franz Job's Babylon Is Dead album, which is a little better than I thought and who knows what the hell else I'll get my hands on, so I'll shut up there.
  • And, just to add on to that, you'll see it with the Kalash review and I might go back and change a few, but I'm adding a brief new feature to my reviews which is that because I get asked about the format all of the time, when I write reviews, at the end when I mention label and year, I'm also going to mention the available formats of the particular album (to my knowledge), be it CD and/or Digital.
  • I have a really cool idea (in my opinion) for a Completely Random Thought and I may just roll that out on this coming Wednesday.
  • I'm still looking for the most ridiculous of ideas for lists, so I have gotten a few, but keep them coming if you have one (especially that dude Marcus). The last two lists that I did, the Underachievers and the Overachievers, got a pretty good response and apparently Truckback tweeted about it (that is the first time I've EVER typed the word "tweeted" and hopefully it is the last).
  • What else? Oh, Sara Lugo! I got two readers link me and tell me that they've seen her on tour around Germany and one linked me to the fact that the people she's touring with, a band called Jamaram, have been keeping like a video diary for the tour and you can go to it and see what they've been up to, of course it mostly in German and even Lugo is speaking German, which is ridiculous, but . . . Yeah. Go watch it on Jamaram's YouTube Page. Apparently Sara Lugo is like two and half feet tall so big her up (LITERALLY). And we'll hopefully be dealing with her again pretty soon, because she features on the Soul Riddim which I so hope I get soon to bump Midnite out of next week (and I'd most certainly forget about it the following week yeah).
  • I won't be doing a Coming Soon post this week because I don't think I could fill one up, so either I'll look to it for next week, or next week you can expect another edition of Check It, which I like doing better anyway yeah.
  • Remember to check out my work on UnitedReggae.com, I have something pretty cool (interview #3) coming up later this week maybe and maybe a nice and condensed review of Ginjah's album also (see ridiculous version here) and an already completed review of Chezidek's album Judgement Time (big ass version here).
  • Also, be looking for Timeless Words vol. 2, I don't know who it'll be on just yet (although I'm thinking maybe Kartel would be a good choice). And of course just a ton of other things as well
Yeah! All of that stuff coming in May and who knows what in the hell else. A really cool version of Video Drop should also be somewhere in there (if you aren't attracted to women, you probably won't think it's so cool) and again, who knows what in the hell else I'll come upon.

Soooooooo. Only thing that's left is a song and this one is clear, because you can now pickup a copy of Chezidek's aforementioned new album Judgement Time, digitally all across the globe and to coincide with the release, they've also done a nice new cool video for the sweet sweet tune 'In My Heart' (which may be the first Lover's Rock-ish video Chezidek has ever done). So, here's the video



Pictured

New Achis Reggae Favourite

Stevy Mahy

Ak Pwal

No comments:

Post a Comment