Sunday, May 9, 2010

What A Beautiful Tune 11!

11 weeks already? Yep, you know what it is. No long talking AchisReggae@hotmail.com if you have something that isn't playing on every radio station in the world and HOPEFULLY, just HOPEFULLY it's also good, like the title says yeah. Let's go:



First song kind of comes from me, but the direction is from Susan from Zojak. She suggested a COOL tune from Louie Culture, of course I couldn't find it, so I just kind of picked a tune I liked and what I came up with was 'Stand Tall' from the Big It Up riddim. Seriously high level material right here, master class level deejaying and a message behind it as well, which was generally the case with Culture who is. . . slowly but surely making his more than welcome return yeah.



And because I couldn't track down her first choice, I'm also going to throw in Susan's second choice, 'Jah Light' from Prince Malachi. I actually think Malachi may've had two tunes with this title, but I think this is the most well known version. Probably 80-85% of his catalogue would qualify for this series, so big up Susan for the excellent choice and biggup Prince Malachi, the most underrated man on earth.



I got this selection from longtime reader/conversationist (his word, not mind), Ivan from out of Austria who made the pick after noticing that I mentioned that Anthony B's 'Waan Back' was one of my favourite tunes from the artist just yesterday. 'Waterpumpee' from big German group Seeed. Of course Reggae done in German isn't my favourite thing to listen to and words with 3 consecutive E's are pretty fucking creepy, but somewhere in there is Anthony B and 'Waan Back', so I don't have much complaining to do and I'm sure I'll be talking to Ivan in . . . like a few minutes lol. Biggup Ivan.



And lastly is this rather timely blast from the past suggestion from Nicole from Washington DC in the States, 'Natty Watching You' from Midnite. Timely is it because I may just write a Midnite review next week and the madness from that will ensue when I don't call every tune on What Makes A King absolute genius (and I won't). But, just on this tune alone, of course it's very strong, Ras Mek Peace album guarantees that, so nice choice Nicole and enjoy that Admiral T yeah.

Me? Well because I heard the song on the radio about three times today and most certainly will hear it tomorrow. I'm going with the legendary Garnet Silk and I'm saying Happy Mother's Day to my Wife, my Mother, my Grandmothers and to all of the beautiful and wonderful mothers around the world. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment