Monday, May 3, 2010

Video Drop 6: Zouk Look

So yeah. You'll forgive me if this is horrible, I literally put it together in like a half an hour. I wasn't even going to post today. And of course, I'm neither an expert on Video analysis, nor Zouk, so if it's horrible and you feel the need to let me know - Flame on! I'm also going to start a new piece here is 'Pick of The Post' which is. . . exactly what you think it is.




Kénédy - Entre Toi Et Moi [DeeJaySlamBB]

Okay so, of course we have to check in on my absolute favourite Zouky in the entire world, the divine and heavenly angelic Kénédy from out of Gwada who makes a return with the latest single from her new album, the title track. NOW! Of course the video, in and of itself is very cool, she’s now had two successive (at least, but her very first (to my knowledge) ‘Mon Oasis’, was also outstanding) very cool videos (the other was ‘Cours Toujours’) for the album and I’m hoping and assuming it’s doing very well. This one is, of course, keyed on the relationship subjectry and the colours are very nice and yadda yadda yadda. The real highlight you’ll pay attention to, however, is the fact that Kénédy on the bed is sexy as hell! OH MY! I get the imager and the nice colours (even the kind of orangeish looking monotone view, which was nice), but she is SPECTACULAR! She’s always been 'cute', in my opinion, but nevermore. Kénédy you are an amazing looking human being.

Video Rated: Who Cares?
Video/Song Link: 5/5



Lorenz - Notre Histoire (featuring Thayna) [DeeJaySlamBB]

Yeah, I’m still of the mind that it’s kind of creepy for guys to be singing Zouk and I‘m not stretching that opinion for young Lorenz here, but you’ll notice the reason why this video is here IMMEDIATELY! The reason, of course, goes to the honour of my second favourite Zouky, the also divine Thayna! I haven’t paid too much attention to Lorenz, I know he had an album out a little while back, but I didn’t vibe it too much, but what you have here is an obviously very young and pretty delightful piece (wouldn’t it just be hilarious if Lorenz was like 35?) and it’s very youthful. Even the dancers, when they come in, seem like they’re doing something from the 1980’s when it was the coolest thing to have a bike and a pretty girl to put her ass on the back of it (the good ole days). So I have no complaints here whatsoever. You’ll also probably notice a cameo from Kaysha (who I can actually listen to) and probably a whole heap of other people I don’t recognize (like Shana).

Video Rated: 4/5
Video/Song Link: 4/5

{note: If you’re absolutely blown away by this tune and just NEED more Lorenz in your life, then be sure to search for ‘Lorenz’ and not ‘Lorenzo’, another Zouk-like singer who looks like a skinnier version of Peter Ram}



Marysa - Avec Toi [Opus Music Production]

I was actually about to slap a review on Marysa’s SEXY new album, the fittingly titled Sensual not too long ago, but was ultimately ‘talked out of it’ by . . . About a billion others needing to be dealt with. I don’t know very much at all about Marysa (but if we have another daughter anytime soon, that name will be in consideration yeah), but her album and this song are very sexy and very mature as well. This one takes a bit to get going and it never hits full gear (which is a little frustrating), but it’s very nice. The video is a bit too ‘showy’ perhaps, but still a very nice showcase for the artist and she looks damn good and the video is also somewhat clever if I do say so myself, and I just did.

Video Rated: 3.75/5
Video/Song Link: 4.75/5

{note: Check out her album, ridiculous tune on there called ‘Nha Amor’ alongside Fanny}



Kim - Je Peux Dead [IMMAX]

Speaking of reviews! I was also about to do a review for Premiers Pas, the debut album for the young Kim who has definitely been catching attentions worldwide as of late. The French born singer brings here, a video for I think the first single from the album, ‘Je Peux Dead’ and it is very good. I always say that you can just streamline down a lot of the MESS in videos, meaning the special effects and such and still have a nice video (see the next entry on this list), but sometimes the MESS is good stuff and Kim works it too near perfection here in my opinion. I love the colours and I love just the general MOOD of the vibes for the song (as well as what I’ve heard on the album as well). Kim is probably going to be a pretty big damn deal and she LOOKS GOOD (and I know you’re thinking that she’s a child, but my research has her at TWENTY years of age). And she also is apparently a black belt in Judo, so take your Zouk, Sankaku style.

Video Rated: 5/5
Video/Song Link: 4.5/5



Stevy Mahy - Beautiful [Pasquale Pagano] **Pick of The Post**

And finally is a song which, by my any definition of the genre that I comprehend, isn’t actually Zouk, however, it is sang by a Gwada and it’s slow as hell, so everyone is going to call it Zouk, including me. Meet Stevy Mahy. This woman is absolutely mesmerizing! I had heard this tune for a minute before ever really seeing the video and by time I had came across the video, I was already intrigued and obviously familiar enough to have recognized it and I am SO happy that it comes in the package that is Stevy Mahy. This thing is just so simple, so straight forward and so unintentionally sexy (I do kind of get the feeling that Mahy just may be a nudist, don’t you???) that it just becomes CAPTIVATING and does immediately. Attempt at sound actual analysis ahead - I think the statement being made is that you can kind of strip away all of the flare and the unnecessary trinkets and still be BEAUTIFUL and sexy and just loving and this video is all of that and to be frank - Alongside Bunji’s ‘Brave’, it ranks as the strongest video I’ve seen in 2010. Yeah!

Video Rated: 7/5
Video/Song Link: 12/5

No comments:

Post a Comment