Sunday, June 13, 2010

What A Beautiful Tune 16!

Yow! I don't know what week this is, let me check . . .Number 16. 16 by 7 is . . . 112 days. But who cares, big tunes this week from three familiar sources. Lot of response this week (especially counting last week) so if I didn't get to your tune - Send it again, because no way in hell I'm going to remember yeah - AchisReggae@hotmail.com. Lets go:




Okay, the first choice was EASY because I've known Jaime since I was ~7 years old (and I'm 2 months and a day shy of 29 now so yeah) and he makes a suggestion this week (in the most ridiculous of ways) (biggup Jaime) for 'Waiting Fans' from Prince Pankhi, former member of Capleton's David House camp. Never REALLY been too big on Pankhi, but occasionally the man does drop big vibes and this tune is very strong (his stage show is EXCELLENT almost every time out, however). So big up Pankhi (he has albums out you can find digitally I'm sure) and biggup Jaime the ORIGINAL ANGRY GIANT from Tunapuna.



Have no nicknames for Asher, but he doesn't need one this week because he probably has the best tune here, 'Fire Inna Rome', from outstanding chanter, Iba Mahr. You might not know a thing about Iba, but yow, it's time to learn. Several REALLY strong tunes from this young man from sense his career really stepped up and he's also on Bizzarri's new riddim (and they're probably giving it away for free again if you can find it). Excellent tune here, big artist and probably not in 2010, but MAYBE before the end of 2011 would be nice to get an album from the 'have vibes will travel', Iba Mahr. Biggup Asher.



Okay Deborah isn't a familiar name around here, but she is the brand new Wife of reader Jah Callax from out of St. Thomas and he 'introduced' me to her (in an internet kind of way) via letting her grab up his choice this week and she chooses a song I've never heard before in my entire life, 'Who Lock The Door' from Umojah. They had an album a couple of years back, "Bless Already" and it's not on there but you can find it (technically you can find it, GOOD LUCK!) on an older album from the group and apparently Deborah is a big big fan. So big her up and congrats to the newlyweds!

Me? You know I'm simple. Last week (which seems like it was yesterday) I gave you 'Steve Biko', South Afrika style. Sticking with the Football theme, we've seen two good games now, you already know what it is. Whoooooa ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment