Saturday, August 7, 2010

Bounty Killer: Path To Greatness



Yeah. Didn't really feel like writing today, so give thanks to my good friend Isis for actually pushing this thing in my face, I had heard about it, but hadn't seen it. "Path To Greatness" is an EXCELLENT mini-documentary on big bad Bounty Killer and I'm always trying to find reasons to write more about him myself (wouldn't it be so great if he gave us an album???), so here's an opportunity to mention him. Nothing too special or out of the ordinary, just a whole heap of recognizable faces (and voices) speaking about the Killer, even the man himself. Of course, my allegiances will probably always be with 'The Doctor', I think 'pound for pound' the man is the most SKILLED artist the Dancehall has ever seen, but in terms of INFLUENCE, even with names like Shabba and King Yellowman there and whoever else, Bounty Killer DEFINITELY takes top honours there with the line of absolute Dancehall ROYALTY which has descended from his camp. So biggup the Killa and check out the Documentary.

{Big tunes tomorrow, let me know!}

1 comment:

  1. Nice documentary! I also hope Killer drops a new album, it's been WAY too long.

    ReplyDelete