Saturday, August 7, 2010

Upset! Otis - Grenada Soca Monarch 2010



Yow! When I'm wrong I have to say I'm wrong and a little while ago, I heard reigning and defending Grenada Soca Monarch, Mr. Killa's Monarch tune, 'See Dem Fly' and that tune was wicked, so I declared Spicemas Soca Monarch 2010 a "WRAP". Well, I was WRONG (as hell), because some dude named Kelvin Celestine [bka Otis] apparently took the crown with his tune, 'Tornado', which had to have torn a big fucking whole in the place. I didn't actually see the competition and while I know that Mr. Killa took second, I don't know who took third (probably Luni Sparks & Electrify) (or Zingo). But, it's all about Otis, so definitely congratulations. You might remember him from last year, telling everyone to 'Reclaim The Skies', but I don't know too much about the man, so if Grenada just has RANDOM DUDES jumping up and beating the Killa, then . . . Yeah, that might be interesting next year. Listening to his tune, I'm pretty sure what Otis had to have done to take the crown is to create one BIG ASS circle in the audience, either that or he somehow got a big tornado to LITERALLY drop on stage (and probably hurt himself doing it, but it was worth it). It actually sounds more like a Road March tune to me and he will be dangerous on the Road, I'm sure. But biggup Otis. Biggup Rankin Marvin (a Calypso) who took Groovy Monarch, also last night and also biggup Tallpree who is 2010 Grenada Village Soca Monarch (he also won last year, playing a wicked jab). And check out Otis' qualifying performance at the SEMI-FINALS a little while ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment