Sunday, October 10, 2010

Beautiful Tunes #31

What a most mysteriously FUCKED UP week! And I won't elaborate. Not even a small amount. Big things today (and by today, I mean tomorrow . . . Sunday . . . Well today by time you read this) though and beyond. This week in beautiful tunes we have four yes FOUR familiar faces. One not so familiar around here however, yeah. Let's move.



Okay, so definitely top honours this week is a suggestion from the coolest man in the world, John B. John B rides around Washington, D.C. blasting Reggae in his Cadillac just because he can. I don't think that he actually reads my blog, but in terms of consistency, he's the oldest active 'reader' I have I guess you could say. This week he has a BIG tune on his mind, it's Ras Nagastah of the Jah Soldiers Crew from out of Guyane (I THINK) with 'Those Times'. Enjoy! And biggup John B.



Next up is the second half of Susan's from Zojak (hey Susan!) rec. from last week. This is a most interesting artist, Richie Campbell from out of Portugal, with 'Please'. Typically we only get to deal Portugal when we get to Zouk, a little Kaysha and the artists from his camp (and Sara Tavares too) (biggpup Sara Tavares). She gave two of his tunes (and someday I may do the next one on her behalf) and this isn't really even Reggae, it's kind of Reggaefied R&B, but . . . Yeah whatever it is, it started to grow on me and I'm definitely off to do my research on Richie Campbell yeah. Nice tune Susan.



Next in we're going with 'Jah Is The Way' from Israel Vibration, courtesy of big time participant, JP (who actually had two suggestions and I was going to mention both, but I'll get to the next one next week yeah). Anyway, its Israel Vibration, don't need to make much of a 'case' in this instance do I??? But apparently they were the first stage show JP ever went to and their music is special to him and special to all of us in some way, don't?



And lastly, getting in just under the wire was Asher who goes just a hair off-radar with his tune. It's up and comer Kranium with the big and SMOOTH repatriation anthem 'Wanna Go Home'. This tune - You need be careful with because (and a friend of ours is a PERFECT example of this) it will, rather EASILY, grab your senses and you'll find it stuck in your mind for a few days at time. Kranium is well on the rise and definitely expect big things from him. Nice tune Asher (oh and perhaps I'm the only one thinking that I saw Tizzy like nine times in this video).

MOIIIIIIIIII??? Simple this week yeah. We still appreciate it and we still participate in it, we STILL give thanks and we STILL love the moment yeah. We STILL burn out Otto and his foolishness and it's STILL all the time, so biggup the day, 10-10-10. It's Shadowman with 'Caribbean Cruise' (even though this isn't my favourite version of the tune).


  • Biggup St. Maarten. Biggup Saba. Biggup Statia. Biggup Curaçao. Biggup Bonaire
  • I have NO CLUE what I'm reviewing this week
  • Definitely a 'Coming Soon' post this week, probably on Monday
  • Early Happy Earthday to my wonderful Father. 55 years young this week
  • Biggup Trinidad
  • Wednesday? The most RIDICULOUS post in the history of Achis Reggae. Stay tuned
  • Check out yet another site I'm writing for now, TrueSound.Com
  • Also check out my friends at Payday Music

No comments:

Post a Comment