Sunday, October 31, 2010

Beautiful Tunes #34

. . . Yep. Tomorrow is the first of the month so . . . That means STUFF. So I won't say much here. Big tunes, Sunday, You and Me, right now. And if not YOU, then make it you next week, with big tunes to AchisReggae@hotmail.com.



Okay. So I was supposed to mention this one last week, I think - Longtime reader and participant here, Jah Callax from out of the VI pushes his first non VI Reggae tune - It's Aswad with the big instrumental, 'Warrior Charge'. Callax had some kind of story which included the mention of Dizee Rascal, which immediately made me uncomfortable, of course, so I won't mention it here and instead I'll just say excellent choice and I'm wonderful human being for remembering it (so what if I had to be reminded).



Next we have a very familiar name, Allen, but from a different source. This Allen is a newibie from out of Hawaii (biggup Sahra Indio) and he had about twenty tunes from J-Boog in his brain and basically invited me to pick one. So I didn't pick the best, but I picked the most interesting! It's J-Bood remaking Marlon Asher's MAMMOTH 'Ganja Farmer' and if you're like me (and you probably are), after you hear this tune you'll need to hear the original. J-Boog big artist still and I will actually pick a good tune from Allen's list next week . . . If I can remember to.



And lastly it is Ziggi Recado alongside the legendary Marcia Griffiths on 'You' - which comes via recommendation of our good friend Linya, who made her suggestion live and in person. This tune is from Ziggi's EP "Same Difference" from earlier this year and I remember not liking it too much, so maybe I'll go back and have a next listen before 2011 hurries in. And DEFINITLEY biggup Linya everytime.

I'm easy this week. HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE tune courtesy of Ras Shiloh, the biggest tune from the "Coming Home" album (probably a future modern classic). It's 'Volume Of The Book' under a cool meditation while the WHOLE EARTH SHOOK!



No comments:

Post a Comment