Sunday, November 7, 2010

Beautiful Tunes #35

How nice it is that Saturday's not even over (well it is by time you read this) and I'm almost finished with my Tuesday review??? WOW! What a nice week, hopefully next week is even nicer. To give you a good start, here we have four tunes, from myself and three veterans . . . actually 2 veterans and a newbie who I just thought of, to maybe point you in the right direction. And should you want to participate on future Sunday's - link me at AchisReggae@Hotmail.com Yeah. Start time.



Okay leave it to Callax (back already) to go where this blog has never gone before - to the doorstep of the legendary Eddy Grant with 'Killer on the Rampage'. Grant is one of a very few group of artists who just can't really say too much bad about (well you can but, I'm not going to) and one of the true bonafide Caribbean STARS as well and I don't think that I've EVER talked about him before on this blog and certainly not on this feature. So biggup Callax and well biggup Father Eddy Grant with the classic.



Next in is one which I thought that I'd throw in because I had a new reader (I THINK he's new) named Cris (coincidence???) pick my brain this week about some Frenchie Dancehall and one of the tunes he was ultimately curious about was 'Mad' from Gwada star Krys. Of course, I'm posting the remixed version (from the "K-Rysmatik" album), which features former multiple time St. Vincy Road March king, Problem Child. I haven't heard this tune in a minute (and when I heard the riddim, I was almost sure it was a Paille tune), but it's big big vibes and biggup Cris for having good taste and, again, happy hunting my friend (and whoever I bumped to draw this tune this week, I'll get to you next week).



And lastly we have (I THINK) a somewhat serious selection from Remmy, Wyclef Jean, 'Gone Til November'. On a personal note, I used to REALLY like this song and it definitely isn't bad these days. On an actual note - Remmy knows I used to love this song - So, although it clearly isn't obscure . . . You think I'm complaining? Biggup yourself Remmy (who we'll probably be seeing on Wednesday).

As for me??? I'm taking no prisoners this week, none at all and giving a preview of a list that I may or may not be doing pretty soon. With one of the wildest and full-on most RIDICULOUSLY HYPE tunes I have ever heard in my entire life, it's S.K.I.NN.Y. losing his mind on 'Wild Out'.


  • Thank you very much Sonia Pottinger & Barry Chevannes.
  • Reached 30 'Followers' this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment