Sunday, November 28, 2010

Beautiful Tunes #37

Back again. Still beautiful tunes. Missed last week on account of traveling to watch what had to be the most RIDICULOUS wedding ever in the history of . . . air. I was going to say names and things like that, but I probably shouldn't now that I called their wedding ridiculous - Because it was. Anyway, pretty nice week around here, part of it anyway. Probably get more interesting next week because it's the first of the month which means something VERY important, that I'll tell you about then. Today??? Beautiful tunes, like I said, lets go.



Yep! First up this week is a new tune from Achis Reggae favourite Shelly G which she sent and I volunteered on her behalf - Very cool little thing, 'Iyan'. In typical Shelly G fashion, she's out for the iyan, she wants the pressure. This one is a little Soca, a little Reggae, a little more lyrical as well and I like it. Bigger news afoot from Shelly specifically for my Reggae heads and hopefully I can get to tell you about that tomorrow (or the week after that). Anyway, new Shelly G for 2011.



Next up is a suggestion I got from veteran participant JP (North Carolina???) a long time ago. He sent this one probably for last week and I told him I'd get it in this time around and I'm so happy with myself for remembering to do it. The tune he's listening to (or was listening to) is excellent as well, it's Admiral Tibet with the all but forgotten 'Have The Strength'. The tune is just really really good and though I was pretty sure it was on no album, I was wrong, you can check it on one of M Records' compilations, "Twilight Sound System: Vocal Anthology Vol. 1". And that entire album was pretty good (Luciano, Mikey General, even Ras Brando), so check it out and biggup JP definitely.



I actually had to pick, because I had a few others that I'll sprinkle in throughout December I suppose and this one comes from someone who definitely has 'seniority' around here. Okay, here's Junior Reid with the big tune that was 'All Fruit Ripe' from the "Visa" album. It comes on the notions of Deborah, who I'm not even going to qualify anymore as I told her I wouldn't (no, they didn't get a divorce), but she's standing alone this week because already a few tunes in her past. So biggup yourself Deborah.

And for me this week. Sorry to disappoint you, you can call me lame if you like, because I'm pretty sure I did the same thing last time, but I can't help it (sure I can). TEARS! It's Machel Montano HD, after playing invisible man in 2010, he's 'Coming Again' for 2011 and shit! I like it!


  • Reviews this week for Lloyd Brown's & Mikey General's new albums
  • "Stuff" post on Wednesay
  • Biggup Nico, who has now openly declared his full intentions to take over the entire world in 2011

1 comment:

  1. Nah, I tried that global domination thing back when I was eighteen but I wasn't EVIL enough! That's what I get for helping little old ladies cross the street.

    ReplyDelete