Sunday, December 12, 2010

Beautiful Tunes #39

Yep! I don't know which week this is, I think it might be #38. No, it's 39. That's cool. Pretty big week around here, definitely getting crazy crazy reaction from the Jahdan review, it's already been scattered to the furthest and most ridiculous corners of the internet. So everybody go out and get that album. On iTunes now in just about every region, it should be on Amazon, Juno and etc. on the 21st and the CD is also around so, yeah. No excuses. I have no excuses either. Let's go! 3 familiar names this week.



Okay, my own lovely Wife is getting things started this week with a most unexpected selection. 'Bay Love' is a tune which features the divine Fanny J alongside Admiral T from his album from earlier this year, "Instinct Admiral". Not only did I not know that she liked this tune (apparently she more than just likes it also), I also didn't know that we still had this album, but she got it back somehow. Fanny J is a big artist and we saw her last year (I'm pretty sure that was last year) and Mrs. Me has been a fan from ever since. Big tune.



Next, veteran participant, JP from North Carolina, also goes a bit unexpected with a big tune from The Abyssinians from almost 40 years ago, 'Love Comes & Goes'. This song is so nice and JP had some interesting things going on in his head (like Peter Broggs tunes), but definitely this piece well qualifies, I had the melody in my head, but I couldn't come up with the words so - Well done as usual JP.



And lastly we have Ben from California for the first time in a loooooooooong time I think (I would go back and check . . . Okay, incidentally the last time we got a tune from Ben, my Wife also started that week anddddddddd it was wayyyyyyyyyy back in #9!) who chimes in with a tune that I don't think I've ever heard before, 'Heavenly Father', from Singer Blue. Ben said he originally heard this tune as a Dubbed out version from a next group (and you can hear that riddim (which is HEAVY) doesn't sound too hard to Dub in this version). I do like this tune, but Ben said the original he heard was even better, so I might have to track down a clip. And we might be hearing again from Ben next week because he had a couple of others which were interesting as well and hopefully he doesn't wait a next 30 weeks to link back.

I'm damn easy this week because I already told you what I was going to do if you were paying attention (and you weren't). It's Bajan superstar Alison Hinds, with the VERY infectious 'Makelele'. Good luck getting that out of your brain.




Call it a bonus if you like! I wrote the rest of this post a few hours back, but in between then and now . . . 'War Forever' by Baby Cham is suddenly DESTROYING me after cleaning up a hard-drive downstairs. BOOM! World class deejaying, nothing more. Nothing less. Big tune.

  • Big up my Father. Big things this week. We'll be taking care
  • Biggup Alistair Overeem
  • Reviews this week for the Everlasting Riddim album (which I'm about to start working on now) and blah blah blah

No comments:

Post a Comment