Sunday, December 19, 2010

Beautiful Tunes #40

Yeah! Might be week #40 for beautiful tunes and THANKFULLY we can make it somewhat special this week because it was a very special day for a VERY special person in my life just yesterday, so of course such person is opening us up this week along with one familiar contributor and one VERY familiar face also.




Okay so, yesterday (Friday), my wonderful Wife hit the milestone of turning THIRTY [30] which makes her officially the only person in the world older than me. So, naturally I had to get her to push a tune this week and, just as naturally, she picked two. It's a double dosage of Richie Spice, first up is the semi-classic 'Brown Skin' from Don Corleon's BIG BIG Heavenly Riddim a few years back and it's followed by a new tune and a similar one, 'Black Woman', from Spice's forthcoming VP album "Book of Job", which I think drops in February. I almost certainly won't like the album, but as usual, tune for tune, Spice is almost always near gold. Excellent choices and Happy Earthday to the She Me.



Okay, next we have a tune from our friend Linya (hey Linya!), the familiar face (but I think this is her second or third time contributing too), who had an artist in her mind and youtube searched and found exactly what she was looking for . . . but then she picked the wrong one. It's Ku-J with 'In My Town'. I'm not going to comment on that too much, but I might draw his other tune myself next week. Very talented youth.



And lastly this week, we again deal with the batch of tunes left by reader Ben from California and I might even get him again next week. But this time, he's turning back the clock circa 1976 (I THINK), with Freddie McGregor on 'Roman Soldiers of Babylon'. This may just be one of the SLOWEST tunes to actually have vocals that I've ever heard in my entire life, but it is a well traveled CLASSIC at the same time, so excellent choosing as usual Ben.

As for me. Never let it be said that I forget the people who're nice to me. This week, it's all about Jalena! Dropping a big new tune for St. Croix Carnival alongside Dennis De Mennis, it's 'Slow Wine'.


  • I have not the slightest idea of what I'm reviewing next week [which probably means something from the vault]
  • More 'Best of' lists next week
  • Big up Lion Zeal

No comments:

Post a Comment