Have you been paying attention to what's been going on this year? No, I mean REALLY paying attention to what's been going on?? If you have, then certainly You, like me, are something past impressed by what we've are seeing unfold in 2026 in terms of releases. If you haven't, then watch this. I'm going to miss someone because this is completely off the top of my head. We have gotten full albums or EPs from the following in the first two-thirds of 2026:
Ziggy Marley
Sharon Marley
Shaggy
Protoje
Marlon Asher
Lutan Fyah
Dezarie
Vybz Kartel
Etana
Ginjah
Mosiah
Vanzo
Alkaline
Norris Man
Tiwony
Lion D
...yep. Reggae fans (who give a damn about albums) have been eating good in this year and you could make a case that it's only going to get better (It's 2026 and we get albums from Capleton, Buju & Beenie! Obviously, someone's missing but I'm not getting my hopes up for THAT) (biggup Bounty). If all goes according to plan, then the day this goes up, we will have a RIDICULOUS trio of albums released at the same time as German star, Gentleman, Grammy winner, Kabaka Pyramid and Ky-mani Marley (his name is Marley, he's probably been nominated for a Grammy at some point in his career) all are set to release their latest creations on the very same day (I mentioned Queen Ifrica & Ginjah in this list, also were on the same day - which happened to be my date of birth). On top of that, next month we're also getting an album from Anthony B, called "World Of Love" (yes. That is an awful title but I'm thinking the actual music will be pretty good) and even Al Pancho is popping up with a release (though I'm listening to clips right now and it isn't sounding very good).
| Out today |
| Out today |
| Out today |
And I'm still fairly optimistic for the final third of the year. I think we still get at least one or two big names showing up with releases. Sean Paul has been active this year, so has Busy Signal and, who knows, though it is looking crowded on that side with a trio of Marley siblings... perhaps the (in my opinion) greatest of them all, Jr. Gong, will bless 2026 with his monstrous talents for the first time in damn near a decade. Regardless, you know there're still FOUR complete months to go and if the first eight have been any indication, we're still healthy for the rest of the year. Just thought you'd like to know.
No comments:
Post a Comment